Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Every day the students get involved in homework,still in vacation time

My grandson started since kindergarten l see every day how he grows y all stuff gave good care to the students.l am very proud and thankful he went to PS IS 499. Thanks for everything from Julian Family

great school, my girl she love it and learn a lot of things, thank you

I have two children at PS/IS 499. This school has surpassed all of my expectations. There are around 500 students in the entire school from PK - 8 grade, so this is really a public school with a private school feel. The Teachers get to know each child and his/her needs and they communicate with us to keep us in the loop. The Parent Coordinator understands the needs of the parents and her suggestions offer the insight that takes into consideration the big picture and not just where you are now. The Principal has the warmth, sincerity, and direction that continues to have a positive effect on the kids and the learning environment. I could write a book about this school, the teachers, and the staff because it is one of those schools that when your child gets picked for the lottery, you really feel as if you have hit the jackpot!

This is a wonderful school. My son was in private school until he got in the school and I am very happy with how my son is doing. The staff in this school is very helpful especially the Parent Coordinator..

The Parent Coordinator needs to be more friendly when she's approached with questions. I called for information to apply for the school for my kid. She was frustrated and had no patient for any of my questions. Her altitude was not professional and I hope she does NOT treat any of our kids this way.

My kids have been at this school for the last 6 years and they have always been happy there. The teachers know who all the kids are and once they are in middle school they enjoy seeing their elementary school teachers in the hall!

i am a parent of a student that has gone here and graduated here. my child has been there for 1st-8th grade. once she got into middle school the kids became more nasty and harmful to those and those around my child. my child's middle school experience was horrible! they need to control the kids behavior in 5th-8th grade. if you are looking for a school for your child grades pre-k-4th THAT'S GREAT but by the time they hit middle school the child should leave :)

I have been a parent of 3 kids at this school for the past 5 years. My kids have all thrived academically and socially. I have had no problems with any of their teachers thus far (elementary and middle school levels), although some are more accessible than others. Most importantly, I have been able to obtain the necessary feedback from them about my children's strengths and weaknesses. Regarding the administration, I have had no negative interactions with them thus far. In fact, they have been very helpful to me in a few situations, and any issues/concerns have always been resolved in a timely and respectful manner with the acceptable attention given whether it be from the principal or office staff. I am a proud PS/IS 499 parent!!

I was disappointed in the level of treatment I received when dealing with this school. They are derogatory and demeaning. It's quite disheartening.

Last modified Queens College School For Math Science And Techno is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.