Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I have two children at PS/IS 499. This school has surpassed all of my expectations. There are around 500 students in the entire school from PK - 8 grade, so this is really a public school with a private school feel. The Teachers get to know each child and his/her needs and they communicate with us to keep us in the loop. The Parent Coordinator understands the needs of the parents and her suggestions offer the insight that takes into consideration the big picture and not just where you are now. The Principal has the warmth, sincerity, and direction that continues to have a positive effect on the kids and the learning environment. I could write a book about this school, the teachers, and the staff because it is one of those schools that when your child gets picked for the lottery, you really feel as if you have hit the jackpot!

This is a wonderful school. My son was in private school until he got in the school and I am very happy with how my son is doing. The staff in this school is very helpful especially the Parent Coordinator..

The Parent Coordinator needs to be more friendly when she's approached with questions. I called for information to apply for the school for my kid. She was frustrated and had no patient for any of my questions. Her altitude was not professional and I hope she does NOT treat any of our kids this way.

My kids have been at this school for the last 6 years and they have always been happy there. The teachers know who all the kids are and once they are in middle school they enjoy seeing their elementary school teachers in the hall!

great school, my girl she love it and learn a lot of things, thank you

i am a parent of a student that has gone here and graduated here. my child has been there for 1st-8th grade. once she got into middle school the kids became more nasty and harmful to those and those around my child. my child's middle school experience was horrible! they need to control the kids behavior in 5th-8th grade. if you are looking for a school for your child grades pre-k-4th THAT'S GREAT but by the time they hit middle school the child should leave :)

I have been a parent of 3 kids at this school for the past 5 years. My kids have all thrived academically and socially. I have had no problems with any of their teachers thus far (elementary and middle school levels), although some are more accessible than others. Most importantly, I have been able to obtain the necessary feedback from them about my children's strengths and weaknesses. Regarding the administration, I have had no negative interactions with them thus far. In fact, they have been very helpful to me in a few situations, and any issues/concerns have always been resolved in a timely and respectful manner with the acceptable attention given whether it be from the principal or office staff. I am a proud PS/IS 499 parent!!

I was disappointed in the level of treatment I received when dealing with this school. They are derogatory and demeaning. It's quite disheartening.

My kids just entered this school this year, and although we only have about a month into the school year, my kids and I love this school so far. The school offers many enrichment opportunities along with lots of learning. There is no wasted time at this school. Kids are not put into an auditorium to watch movies, etc. Teachers are excellent, Parent Coordinator top notch, goal-oriented principal excellent PTA, those are just some positive points about this school. It is also now a blue ribbon school. The only thing I disagree with is the inconsistency of uniform use with students. It would be, in my opinion, good if all students wore uniforms!

I have two kids at P.S. 499 (one in second grade and the other in kidergarten). Both love the school and the teachers. I must say the teachers and principal are great. The monthly PTA meetings are very informative and a great chance to meet other pareants. Both of my kids have separate science and art classes, which they really enjoy. The school also has a relationship with Lincoln Center to provide arts enrichment. There are also several events the school holds throughout the year such as field days, earth day fair, halloween fair, book fair, etc. Since there are only two classes per grade, all the kids in each grade know each other. I read on the school's website recently that 499 now offers a free after school program for the middle school kids. I would highly recommend this school.

Last modified Queens College School For Math Science And Techno is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.