Queens, NY

Queens College School For Math Science And Techno 1

Posted June 03, 2015
I was disappointed in the level of treatment I received when dealing with this school. They are derogatory and demeaning. It's quite disheartening.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
I can't imagine a school developing this type of respect if their staff doesn't exemplify this in the treatment of parents.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
I can't imagine the school developing this type of environment for students if their staff doesn't exemplify these values when treating parents.

Posted October 02, 2014
My kids just entered this school this year, and although we only have about a month into the school year, my kids and I love this school so far. The school offers many enrichment opportunities along with lots of learning. There is no wasted time at this school. Kids are not put into an auditorium to watch movies, etc. Teachers are excellent, Parent Coordinator top notch, goal-oriented principal excellent PTA, those are just some positive points about this school. It is also now a blue ribbon school. The only thing I disagree with is the inconsistency of uniform use with students. It would be, in my opinion, good if all students wore uniforms!

Posted September 08, 2014
I have two kids at P.S. 499 (one in second grade and the other in kidergarten). Both love the school and the teachers. I must say the teachers and principal are great. The monthly PTA meetings are very informative and a great chance to meet other pareants. Both of my kids have separate science and art classes, which they really enjoy. The school also has a relationship with Lincoln Center to provide arts enrichment. There are also several events the school holds throughout the year such as field days, earth day fair, halloween fair, book fair, etc. Since there are only two classes per grade, all the kids in each grade know each other. I read on the school's website recently that 499 now offers a free after school program for the middle school kids. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted April 17, 2014
Great school, my son's teacher is awesome. Principal is great with the kids and certainly want them to grow into being responsible, respectful and great role models. I wish there's an after school program but so far so good. Great PTA

Posted December 03, 2013
This school has very educated students and fun curriculums for the students to socialize with people

Posted November 20, 2013
My son loves this school. He is doing great and loves school. I'm a happy parent. I'm hoping my daughter gains admission next year.

Queens College School For Math Science And Techno 4

Posted October 07, 2013
Wonderful school. Very diverse, teacher are all dedicated, caring, and well qualified, the prinicipal a stickler for the rules, but she has a clear goal and works 100% towards to it, and she has her staff completely behind her. The environment is secured and safe, and lends well to calm and good learning environment. School building is very new (10 years I believe) so relatively modern. Located in a great school district with schools such as Queens College, Thompson Harris, and CUNY Law as its neighbors. Being part of Queens College campus has additional benefits such as using the campus resources and facilities. Bus service is great, and the school nurse is wonderful.

Posted August 04, 2013
WE ARE ONE OF THE FORTUNATE FAMILIES WHO WERE ADMITTED TO PS/IS 499 IN "K". MY SON LOVES IT. HE NEVER WOKE UP NOT WANTING TO GO SCHOOL AND HE ENDS THE SCHOOL DAYS WITH A SMILE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL!!!

148-20 Reeves Avenue, Queens, NY  11367
Last modified Queens College School For Math Science And Techno is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queens College School For Math Science And Techno Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top