Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 06, 2016
Thank to all the teacher who make it possible for the children to success, the careing and compassion givein

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School 4

Posted May 06, 2016
Teachers communicate with parents let parents know were a child is in there learning e.g. what area the child is strong or week in and how we as parents can work on it , give update what is happening in the school and area they are working .

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
Merick Academy has come a long way, and are getting better everyday. I almost removed my child from the school at one point, but the Ms. Griffin and my son's teacher Ms. Danielle Spence worked with my child and I and I thank God I waited. I am sure they will keep on getting better as they strive to make every child's education experience worth while, while they get the very best education. Way to go Merrick Academy!

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School 3

Posted September 03, 2013
Do you know where is the new facility they are movinng to? Thanks. I am considdring sending my child to Merrick Academy.

Posted June 13, 2013
My child has attended Merrick Academy since 2009. Merrick has definitely had its bumps along the way however I have to say that this year has renewed my confidence in Merrick Academy and reminded me why I chose this school. Dismissal has been going on smoothly and the teachers are just amazing with the kids and work very hard with them. My son benefitted greatly from their extended Saturday school and the ELA carnival was one of his favorite moments this year. Field day which was held today for the upper grades was also a joy for me to participate in and all of the kids, teachers and parents seemed to have a wonderful time. As for the facility they are moving and will be in a facility with a full gym next year so physical Ed taking place in the classrooms will no longer be an issue. I personally love this school and am happy my son attends. Happy Parent!

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School 2

Posted April 09, 2013
I started at this school from when it first opened in 2000 and went all the way up to 6th grade. I loved it when I was going there. I never had a problem with any teachers. But now, my sister does there and I must say, Merrick has fallen off. I dont know what it is, but I feel like everytime I go in there, it feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of wild animals. There is no doubt a control problem between the kids and the students.

Posted January 29, 2013
I am very disappointed in Merrick academy. Communication between parents and staff are not promoted there. their dismissal is unorganized and safety is a issue. They do not have an open door policy in the school. You have to make an appointment to see the teacher for your kids report card, kids progress in class and they do not allow parents to view their children routine in the classroom. There is no gym, the gym are held in the class room. The children have no physical activities during the day. I hope Merrick Academy improve because these kids are getting short changed in both their education and the location of their school.

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School 3

Posted June 10, 2011
VERY MATURE RESPONSE WHAT A SCHOOL I FEEL THAT WAS UN CALLED FOR IT SHOW THE MATURITY LEVEL OF THE TEACHERS UNDER THE OLD REGIME.

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School 2

Posted June 03, 2011
You forgot to include how the school is going to financially survive. You made great points but to start over, you got to have funds. So I ask, how is this school going to pay good teachers like you a salary? Former concerned Teacher who glad one left!

Posted March 18, 2011
I am currently a teacher at Merrick Academy. It is difficult to find the solution for the years of corruption stemming from Merrick's Board of Trustees and their contractor "Victory Schools." it really is a shame that charter schools like Merrick Academy are being run by businessmen, and not educators. They are usually lawyers or politicians...not truly concerned with our students best interest's. Its difficult to go to work everyday when you are surrounded by negativitey and poor managment. Here is the simple solution. Remove the current board, terminate relations with Victory Schools, and start fresh with the right leaders inplace to ensure a quality program. -Merrick Academy Teacher currently seeking another job

Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School
136-25 218th Street, Queens, NY  11413
Last modified Merrick Academy Queens Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.