Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

my kid has been in the other public schools in this district and was suffering with stress from too much emphasis on test prep as well as what I'd call an age inappropriate amount of homework taking over his after school hours. We were lucky to be accepted to TRCS and have had so much help from the energetic, communicative, caring teachers and staff. My son gets a normal homework load now and may actually be heading towards enjoying school again. Same curriculum as in other schools, just done in a more creative way. I am so pleased.

Bullies teachers, failing test scores, top teachers leaving, lack of student code of conduct, students are allowed to write up teachers, incompetent administration, school policies are made up depending on parent or child. Bad positing at this site are taken down

One of the things I have to warn students coming to this school is that the history teacher you are assigned in Junior year till Senior year gives wrong information and avoids answers she is not capable of answering. She has been putting numerous students in the spot by asking them questions that could not be answered. The teacher would continue putting the students in the spot though they do not know the answer. My daughter's friend herself was put in the spot numerous times and went through depression. It's surprising to know that there has been no reports against this teacher for targeting certain students during class till they are depressed. Overall, this teacher is biased as she is most friendly to the students who has the favor of the college bound teacher. In the principal has delayed the time that the senior students who have graduated to receive their money for trips that was not used.

TRCS has very professional teachers, they are using modern ways to teach not memorizing like other schools. When you are there you feel like you e at home everybody treats you as a family member. They have chess, art, drama, sports, cooking, gardening etc.

K teacher rersigned after 7months. No education leader helped teacher. K kids often suspended. Why? Is there a principal?. K_5 Emily b. Doesn't know what to do or say to parents.

I love Rensizzle Week at TRCS! It is an awesome experience for children, who get a bit of a break from the usual classroom, but don't stop learning.

My kid is happy at this school. I have found in the last 4 years that the teachers are very attentive to their students and they are caring, which is a rare trait in teaching nowadays. My main concerns are the lack of discipline and a bit of disorganization amongst the administration staff. I have only seen the principal a handful of times in 4 years. This is very disappointing that there seems to be little leadership here. Nevertheless the involvement of the parents goes a long way to improving the way things are handled (as with any organization). I would like to see more leadership, structure and discipline.

My daughter has been at Renaissance since kindergarten and is currently in 3rd grade. Her teachers have been stellar in both their teaching of academics, and good citizenship. While I am deeply appreciative of both, it is the real dedication to the latter that makes this school extra special. I attended the K-6th grade talent show just this past Friday and was blown away by the supportive atmosphere. The highschool kids running the show were great with the little ones; and the participating kids and their friends in the diverse audience encouraged one another and cheered for one another in a way that was really quite heart warming. Nothing like the popularity contest such an event would have been like at my own junior high school. Ya gotta love it.

My son is thriving at this school for the past two years and we absolutely love it. He is currently in first grade he has been blessed to have John(amazing teacher the kind they make movies about)and Daniella (one of the nicest people you will ever meet) for the past two years and loves going to school every day. People at this school are kind and compassionate, everyone is on a first name basis which creates a family atmosphere. I can go on and on about the academics but you can see the test scores and graduation/college admission rates for yourself. I will tell you that when I drop off and pick up my happy child the older children attending the high school and upper grades are very respectful and are not dropping the f word every five minutes, they are helpful with the younger students and great role models, the kind of people you want your child to be surrounded by. We look forward to seeing our children continue to grow in this school. I hope this is helpful I just wanted to tell you something of the things that made an impression on me.

Even though this school may not be the perfect fit for my child (few Sports) it has something that few other schools may have. May son has learned how to be tolerant , compassionate and a leader. My child knows students from grades k-12, and is treated with kindness and respect. As a single child this school gives my child a sense of a large extended family. My son is in 2nd grade and this kindergarten-first grade teacher, John was a master educator. An artist in his field. His current teacher Daniella is so dedicated and committed to real learning . The teachers at this school work above and beyond their work hours. The teachers certainly put the current anti-teacher viewpoints to shame. They CARE about the children as total human beings not just test scores.

Last modified The Renaissance Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.