Queens, NY

Posted December 08, 2014
The teachers, administration and school security take an active interest in educating the children. Upon walking building, you can observe that the students are engaged and motivated. The walls show numerous examples of quality student reports, projects and assignments. Children with special needs receive services in accordance with IEPs. PTA meetings are informative, parent-teacher conferences are overwhelmingly attended and there is open communication about the student's progress. Homework help and after-school enrichment in sports/arts are offered as well as parent training.

Ps Is 208 1

Posted December 13, 2013
I would rate this school at a zero. Not friendly and welcoming to parents and new students. The majority of staff is unfriendly and does not do well at assuring you of your child's safety and well being. Unorganized in every aspect from academics to after school. Horrible place to start your child's education. Perhaps the school was great when it first opened, but that is far from the case now.

Ps Is 208 2

Posted December 10, 2013
I'm not to happy with the school not friendly and accommodating to kids that are born in October or November December

Posted April 14, 2011
I love the administration and PTA at PS/IS 208. There is constant communication sent out to parents via text, email, voicemail, and children's backpacks. The PTA is very strong with interesting and unique fundraisng efforts to improve the schools social and technological needs.

Posted April 13, 2011
This is the best school any kid can go to. They push us to learn every single day and we take morning quizzes every morning. The school is always clean and the teachers always have activities, based on the topic we're learning, to do. There are also alot of clubs and after school activities like lacrosse, basketball, hockey, step, dance, music, art, spanish, and theater etc. Lastly since the building is big, we have space for every single class.

Ps Is 208 3

Posted February 13, 2011
Keeping in mind that the curriculum needs to be revamped in public schools, this school has strong teachers. Students could be pushed more to achieve their best. When a student needs help in a certain area, there could be better assistance given. The PTA is very active and the All Pro Dads program is fantastic. The school can work on being more inviting to parents on a daily basis, especially to those who have time to volunteer. In disstict 29, our choices are limited for middle schools and I recommend that you speak to other parents to see if the school would be a good fit for your child.

Posted September 25, 2009
I have 2 kids at this school (Grades 1 and 4) and I completely agree with all of the comments written by the parent on May 27, 2009. The 5 teachers my kids had so far were all excellent educators. The other support personnel have always been very polite, attentive and helpful to me. Last year, my older kid took the NY state tests for the first time and I was very happy that they did not concentrate solely on test prep. Regular instruction was a priority and was not neglected at all.

Posted May 27, 2009
I think PS/IS 208 is one of the best schools in district 29. I love the location. The building is bright, spacious and clean; a rare commodity in NYC schools. The academics are very rigorous for all grades including kindergarten. I don't think half the kindergarteners in NYC schools were exposed to what my daughter learned this year. The school culture is very warm and inviting. The extra curricular activities for students and parents are abundant. I enjoyed the Mother's Day luncheon hosted by the All Pro Dads. They are a strong male presence in our school which is positive. My family is blessed to be a part of PS/IS 208.

Posted March 10, 2009

Posted May 31, 2008
I am really impressed with the school

Ps Is 208
74-30 Commonwealth Boulevard, Queens, NY  11426
Last modified Ps Is 208 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Is 208 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top