Queens, NY

Posted April 26, 2014
Could be a good school but lack of listening from both principal and assistant principal makes the school looks very bad. they have no empathy for the parents who are struggling to see the kids do well, the principal walk around as if she's modeling and the assistant principal walk as if she's ready to fight any parent that I ask a question. I pray for the Chancellor to get involved so that the kids can have a great education..............

Ps Is 268 4

Posted March 14, 2014
This is avery good school which my daughter graduated from in2011 and she was accepted at radnor high school in suburban philadelphia,is presently at cornell university and would be graduating in2015.Thanks Mr Smith and your staff we truly appreciate the efforts of this school.

Ps Is 268 5

Posted August 05, 2013
P.S. 268 has been a great experience over the summer . The Day Camp SASF is amazing . My Twins attend Day Camp this Summer for the first time and the School is so clean, Warming , AND Very creative Projects of the Students everywhere. The Staff is so helpful and Pleasant. I would like to Thank All The Staff form P.S. 116 that are attending P.S. 268 for the Summer and helping my Twins develop Culture and the Important of Day Camp. GREAT JOB .. I feel very comfortable and I am able to work knowing that they are in a Safe Environment ... I WOULD ALLOW MY CHILDREN TO ATTEND THE DAY CAMP NEXT YEAR .

Posted May 28, 2013
The principal lacks people skills. She seems oblivious when there's a school event like the flag/culture festival that I attended to see my son in last week. When I've tried to speak to her, she can't answer my questions clearly, and if she does, her answers are open-ended. It's clear that when speaking at an assembly, she's nervous and uncomfortable. Personally, I, as well as other parents feel as though she doesn't fit the principal position...at all. After researching, and researching a father was able to come across some information. You've only taught Kindergarten for a few years, then became a principal. How did this happen? So, in other words, you really don't have much understanding or comprehension on how to run a classroom. Who ends up suffereing? The children that's who. Bottom line.....Administration as a whole needs to be replaced.

Posted February 18, 2013
this school is wrost.they disrespect the parents all the time.the principal and asst: principal should be removed from this school.as a parent never feel welcomed or find any comfort talking to them.the principal thinks she is someone big s...!they call acs on innocents parent without even having any prove/facts. must go the principal..and asst:principal .

Ps Is 268 2

Posted August 29, 2011
This school lacks the authority figures to take this school to another level. The principle walks around thinking she is Diana Ross (NOT). She does nothing. The lunch room at times looks like a scene from "the principle" with Morgan Freeman. There is noone to control wat goes on in there cause All of the lunch staff appears to be afraid of the children. Someone needs too get that lady OUT!! She needs to be in a school where all the children are Saints. That way she can continue to keep up her tradition of doing nothing. Great job principle (NOT).

Ps Is 268 2

Posted November 19, 2010
I agree with all the parents who gave this school a low grade. They need to get rid of the principal. She is unapproachable. She is not for the student . She think this school is her house. She dresses inappropiate. If the students are not learning, please don't blame them, blame the camp they are in. I am looking for a school for my child. The teachrs or staff are scared of her. She does not have any standards. Yes I agree with the parent who also state that the students are getting homework that need textbook. My child get homework that make references to textbook he dont have. And yes the teachers are allowed to embarrass and yell at the children. Get rid of the principal now. They need a strict but nice and friendly person.

Posted July 17, 2010
All I can say is 311! This is not what a school should be like. The building is ruled like 1940's Germany....DIVIDE & CONQUER. Teachers are fearful to teach, students are unable to learn. No one can provide answers about anything. The Principal lacks the skills to be a leader. She refers all issues to the assistant principals who are none to eager to do much.

Ps Is 268 3

Posted March 24, 2010
I think P.S./I.S. 268 is a good school, unfortunately the principal in place lacks integrity and any real leadership ability. The moral amongst the teachers is low as a result of the first-time principal in place. The school is fine as long as you don't encounter the principal.

Ps Is 268 0

Posted September 04, 2009
I have a 9 year old daughter attending PS IS 268. I am very greatful for all the support and guidance she receives from her traches.I really appreciate it. I strongly believe that the student and the teacher have to work together to achieve good resuls. My daughter has always been a wonderful and smart child and this scholl has helped her to maintain that.I do hope I will continue to have these same thoughts about PS/IS 268 always.

Ps Is 268
92-07 175th Street, Queens, NY  11433
Last modified Ps Is 268 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Is 268 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top