Queens, NY

Ps 234
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 20, 2015
This is the 2 year for both my daughers and I have nothing to say but good things about the school.Teachers and staffs are very nice,helpful.the school is always organizing event and plays and performances were me and both my daughers are involve.The staff are so caring and loving to my kids I just love this school is the best in Astoria queens.There is always communication with teachers with Anita or Ms.Papadoupoules I love this school and i plan to keep my kids here until they graduate even if I move I will keep them here no matter what thats how much I love the school because its the best

Posted July 20, 2015
The school is great !!!!! Staff,teachers,security guards.Communication is great with the school teacher or anyone else in the building I trust this school with my kids! P.S. 234 always has event plays,performance for and with the kids were parent are always involve trips you name it.I will keep my kids here until they graduate 5th grade !

Ps 234 1

Posted March 20, 2015
To be an excellent principal is to work with the premise that excellence is not the exception but the standard. This new principal has no recognition of this nor does she recognize the essence of each child. You are fooled if you think she is better than her predecessor. The previous principal made decisions based on the best interests of her children and staff not for herself ;nor did she strive toward making herself look like the picture perfect Picasso. You will see folks her priorities will not be as fruitful as you thought.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 18, 2015
I cannot tell you enough what a wonderful school this is. We have a new Principal (Dora Danner) as of 2014 and she has made such amazing changes and upgrades to our school. The school just became a "Performing Arts & Technology" school which allows the children to have a great balance between academics and creative learning. No bullying issues, the kids are respectful to one another, always smiling and happy. Parents are very involved, because they want to be and school staff welcomes it whole heartily. We have a loving community between parents and school staff and the kids feed off of this positive uplifting behavior, which makes their experience all the better. I know there was some issues with the prior principal (Pallos) which my child was not there for much, but now that it all under the bridge. Between all of the new programs: Dance, cooking classes, theater, art, google classes to teach kids how to do graphics and design, yoga etc., and the FREE workshops offered to the parents, this school is a gem.

Posted December 13, 2014
Prior, to the current great leadership of Mrs. Danner, the new Principal of P.S. 234Q of Astoria, parents/community, staff and children were very unhappy!!! The school was led like a "dictatorship" behind closed doors, but "smiles" to the public with the prior Principal Pallos! What a turnaround, a great leader can make, but she certainly has her work cut out for her. Given time, this school will be off the charts and have people beating down the door to enroll! The atmosphere is "positive" on a daily basis, children are smiling, and new exciting programs and curriculums have been added to enhance instruction/learning. The "Parent Community" has been welcomed for the first time, with their own room in the school with resources like...(technology, workshops and books) working along with the Parent Coordinator. As an outsider looking in, I would highly recommend parents that they send their children to this fine school!

Posted April 15, 2014
I love school ps234 this school is care about the personal keys should every one have to be better person as much as the education they give to every child they help you raise your child as a really strong ,kind and respectful kids .

Ps 234 1

Posted January 25, 2014
This school is a poor excuse for public education. The principal at this school is a dragon QUEEN . DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN THERE. She does not care about children or her staff. She is a tyrrant and if you are not greek she dontt even acknowledge you or your children. She is a child abuser. Take your children out !

Posted September 10, 2013
I love school PS 234!I have son and two my girls there going to school PS 234 .Very good school I like .Very nice and friendly teacher 's there help a lot to my kids and my kids learning late.I switch the school from PS171 to school PS 234 and I'm glad what I didn't .I am so happy and want this more important my kids is happy at School PS 234 .

Posted August 10, 2011
I have three children of which one remains in 234. My second one just graduated from there. We are lucky to be zoned for this school. The school is well run. From the principal to the office people to security to the teachers, everyone is always trying to help the children in every way possible. There are always special family nights and the staff volunteers. The kids are given a lot of practice so they can do good on their tests. Teachers work hard to get their students to do better. The administration is always buying the newest things for the teachers to teach and for the kids to work with. Thank you 234 for helping my children so much.

Posted September 07, 2010
I love this school for my son Im so glad I choose this school. He loves it here and the school staff is sooooooo friendly. The teaching and the kids learning is amazing.

Ps 234
30-15 29th Street, Queens, NY  11102
Last modified Ps 234 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 234 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top