Queens, NY

Ps 224 5

Posted May 13, 2015
My son goes to 224@205 in a class of 12 in Kindergarten. His teacher is amazing-young, positive, very driven-my son loves her, the therapist are all young and very motivated people, who will listen to parents and devise strategies and suggestions.He is making an amazing progress there, even on a recent visit to the developmental pediatrician she praised the amount of speech and overall progress from our last visit and suggested we should stick with his teacher and the program. My son is academically strong so his teacher is constantly challenging him with more goals-math reading etc. The coordinator for the site is always on hand and very helpful. If you have a child with high functioning ASD who can not attend general ed or special ed in a community school this D75 school is excellent place to look at.

Ps 224 5

Posted October 17, 2010
this school is very very special. All the staff at p224 works together to give the children there the support they need. Their system called power of choice works very well for my son, who is ADHD and has speech issues too. I have seen my son learn to express himself at his young age of 6 in more ways than i could ever imagine. My son loves to go to school and is doing very well there

Ps 224