Pathways College Preparatory School: A College Board School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
I had my reservations about Pathways after listening to another parent. I decided to form my own opinion and I am happy that I did. My children has always attended private school where the population is small. I did not want them to get lost in the crowd. When my first daughter started at Pathways, I saw a vast improvement in her grades. The teachers actually care about how the kids do. Now my second child is attending Pathways, she always struggled in school and is doing amazingly well. Pathways has given her the confidence she lacked and her teachers has helped her with her achievement. I believe children should have a voice and at Pathways they do, something that is not encouraged in private schools. If you are looking for a small school environment, Pathways is the way to go. I have no regrets, my children's grades speak for itself.

Pathways College Preparatory School: A College Board School 5

Posted April 18, 2014
I feel the Pathway College Prep is an excellent school.The staff is very caring about their students they always keep parents inform of their children progress as well as short comings and what can be done to help make your child achieve better grades.

Posted September 27, 2013
My son started Pathways in the 6th grade. Initially, I had reservations but I refused to let other people's opinions effect my decision. I'm glad I followed my mind. Just like any other environment, one must be involved in order to make a change. All my son's teachers were great educators and do their best to educate the children with limited resources. To this current day, my son is in the 7th grade and was able to maintain some of his 6th grade teachers who I loved and he also has new ones who are great. The PTA is trying to get more parents involved but it's hard. The staff is also great, starting with the parent coordinator who keeps parents informed via phone blast and readily available whenever he's needed; Also, Mr Hunt- AP safety is also great, whenever my son encounters a problem/issue he can go to him and believe me he will resolve it. Pathways like any other school has its ups & downs, but we have to teach our children to get anywhere in this life you have to remain focus and concentrate on their education and if they do encounter any problems tell or talk to someone they trust!

Posted August 22, 2013
When my daughter went for the first parent conference entrance into ninth grade, she looked disappointed. Sitting in the auditorium and watchinv other children body action her comment was " mmmhhh look you see, I said see what? Her reply- they don't want to be here just like me. " I laughed. Well two years later a Junior and they feelings hasn't changed, but she looks forward to graduation and attending Georgetown University. Overall experience she says: some of her teachers are educators and taught well.

Posted July 02, 2013
Part one of review: My school, Pathways, has cons and pros. I am now officially a highschooler at this school and am able to give you some insight on the middle school. The middle school is not bad at all, there are two afterschool programs in which you are able to join, as well as many CHAMPS sport teams such as track and Basketball. The teachers there are able to give you individual help, and sometimes give it during their own time. Students also are able to take the wheel of the ship and organize programs in the school they would like to have, as I have done in the past. When you are in the eight grade you have the ability to take three regents, but you are not forced to take them, however it would be a good idea to. But as for the bad part of the school, most of the cons are taken up upon students. The school building, even though its small, is not the problem, it is the students who attend. Since Pathways accepts every student making sure everyone has a brighter future, it can lead to more problems. And, yes, the boys bathroom does smell pretty bad, but it isn't the schools fault for if it was, the girls bathroom would smell the same way.

Posted May 06, 2013
My son went to school here for 2 years, it was a horrible experience. Even 2 of his teachers told me he was too bright to be in this school and to get him out of there. He was constantly picked on because he was smart. He got in a verbal altercation with a classmate and I was never informed. Instead they made my son sign something that said if they got into a physical altercation they BOTH would be suspended. He told one of his teachers he wanted to go to MIT, she told him, "be more realistic". Mind you my son left that school on the honor roll! The hallways smell like a dirty bathroom. My son wouldn't use the bathroom in the school at all. If they want to send your child there, fight tooth and nail to get them sent somewhere else!

Pathways College Preparatory School: A College Board School 5

Posted July 27, 2011
My two sons went to Pathways College even though they have had thier ups and downs like many new schools, many of the first gradating class entered college something I never thought my son would do, two years later I enrolled my scond son into pathways a decision I did not regret as he was given so many opportunities to develop himself including doing two college programms one at Quuens College and another at Adelphi University. This school and its programmes and teachers have helped my sons grown into fine individuals attending college. Thank You Pathways.

Posted April 20, 2011
When my child first went to this school it was great. The change in the school's Administration has affected the quality of all the activities at the school - teaching, student/teacher interaction etc., in the lower school. Only a few teachers make the environment conducive to learning. I see this school on the way to closing soon.

Posted January 07, 2011
Unfortunately, bullying reigns supreme at Pathways. Students are picked on for any ole reason and safety is often an issue although the school s administration refuses to acknowledge this fact. For safety reasons teacher will not get involved; can t say I blame them. Where is security? Are they doing an adequate enough job??? Teachers disrespect students, but expect the utmost respect from students. RESPECT begets RESPECT. There are teachers who will outright state I m only here for my paycheck. I don t care if you pass or fail. The Department of Education should have a report card for teachers. Any teacher with a percentage of failing students should not be allowed to continue teaching, especially when combined with the statement aforementioned. The Pathways mission is not being upheld. The potential for high achievement overall exists because a B grade is not outstanding no siree!

Posted May 10, 2010

Pathways College Preparatory School: A College Board School
109-89 204th Street, Queens, NY  11412
Last modified Pathways College Preparatory School: A College Board School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pathways College Preparatory School: A College Board School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top