Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 17, 2016
The principal intimidate the students and staff. Don't see how that's developing anything except fear

PS 253 1

Posted June 17, 2016
This school has regress in the last 2 years. The principal removes programs that we're beneficial to the students and community, she has degraded the school with her comments and have threatened a lot of the teachers and staff with her power. She is a bully who gets what she wants. I'm not sending my child back there next year if she's going to be the principal. Horribly! Nightmare!

PS 253 5

Posted January 12, 2016
This school has seen 3of my children graduate from it. I currently have 4 attending now the teachers are great the parent coordinater is very involved with students as well as the parents.PS253 is a great school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 18, 2015
Mrs Gies has worked with my child to improve her grades as well as her behavior in school.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 18, 2015
I think they give too much homework for a first grader. My child gets overwhelmed sometimes.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 18, 2015
My child loves her teacher and her behavior in school has much improved since she started.

PS 253 4

Posted December 18, 2015
My daughter is in 1st grade at this school and she loves it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Frequent PTA meetings keep me up to date.

PS 253 4

Posted November 18, 2015
My daughter goes to PS 253 and she loves it, can't wait to enroll my second into the school as well

PS 253 2

Posted September 10, 2015
The principal and the teachers are not serious and responsible, many times have I asked the principal for a meeting and they are always busy, they have no communication with the parents.

PS 253 5

Posted April 30, 2014
My daughter and son go to this school, i am very happy with it because it keeps me informed. Of my kids progresses, and my son have learned a lot here.

13-07 Central Avenue, Queens, NY  11691
Last modified PS 253 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.