Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

The principal intimidate the students and staff. Don't see how that's developing anything except fear

This school has regress in the last 2 years. The principal removes programs that we're beneficial to the students and community, she has degraded the school with her comments and have threatened a lot of the teachers and staff with her power. She is a bully who gets what she wants. I'm not sending my child back there next year if she's going to be the principal. Horribly! Nightmare!

This school has seen 3of my children graduate from it. I currently have 4 attending now the teachers are great the parent coordinater is very involved with students as well as the parents.PS253 is a great school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think they give too much homework for a first grader. My child gets overwhelmed sometimes.

My daughter is in 1st grade at this school and she loves it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Frequent PTA meetings keep me up to date.

My daughter goes to PS 253 and she loves it, can't wait to enroll my second into the school as well

The principal and the teachers are not serious and responsible, many times have I asked the principal for a meeting and they are always busy, they have no communication with the parents.

My daughter and son go to this school, i am very happy with it because it keeps me informed. Of my kids progresses, and my son have learned a lot here.

this is school very bad. because the number of student in the classroom 30 students. one teacher for 30 student.how can any teacher teach them ?.principal always refeiwes to meet parents ..teachers always absent.

My husband and I are very disappointed with this school. The staff and administration is very unprofessional and disorganized. This school needs to be reviewed by authorities.

Last modified PS 253 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.