Bad
Good

My son has been attending for the past 4 years. I have loved the education and support my son has received up until this year. The school introduced the common core curriculum without any notice to the parents. How do you help your children when you no longer have any idea of what they are doing? If we don't know that the way they are being taught math has changed,how can we help them? There was no thinking that took place on how our children would handle the new testing standards. as a parent I am very disappointed that we were not informed by the school what was taking place in the classrooms. Children can not excel if they are being taught one way in the class and another way at home. I realize it is not the schools fault that common core standards were rammed down all of our throats but I expected a lot more support with implementing it. Yes I am against common core but will not go on about it. That said, the teachers are still the best and try as hard as they can to help the children but I do realize their hands are tied. I think that parents need to be brought on board in a timely manner to all changes being made involving our children. Updated post: So it appears common core is not going any where and the teachers have really stepped up to teach our children what I thought was impossible. I am against the common core curriculum but that is not their fault. They have really stepped up to teach our children the unteachable....I am blessed to have had my son in this school the past 5 years and will miss the amazing staff when he graduates this year. I am confident he will be ready to take on Middle School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are wonderful. They have all demonstrated their commitment over and over to ensure our children are learning the best they can and go above and beyond to help them.

I can honestly say...I'm in love with PS 254....this school is amazing...I thank God my kids go to a wonderful and Friendly school...all the kids get along...I have a son in 4th grade and another one in 1st grade. They love their school and teachers. They never complain about any bullying. That's a plus ! The principle is an amazing and caring person...she's always involved with students and parents. She's there for every event. She's always in the hallway at dismissal time and says goodbye to all the kids and gives them hugs. They teachers Are wonderful. They teach well and care for every student. Every time i write to them...they respond the same day. I absolutely I have nothing bad to say about this school. I swear I don't want to move away from PS 254. I want my two other kids to attend this school (hopefully in the next 4 years lol)

This school is wonderful. From the helpful staff to the Great teachers. When I first send my kid to Kindergarten, I was concerned on where to place him? However, this school turned out being one the best- actually number one from it's district.. how Incredible! To have a hard working staff near my home makes any parent happy and proud. Totally recommend them if you live near the area.

P.S 254 is an excellent school. They are always open to see you when you call or walkin to the school. Principal and assistant principal are great. I just love the way they handle things at school, they care alot about all the children in this school. My son is in 5th grade and he's been there since 2nd grade. When my son did not behave I recieved a phone call right away and took care of the problem. I don;t have one complaint for this school. They do deserve to win because staff and Principal do a great job!

this school has young inexperienced teachers. im becoming more worried about this becuase the new teachers dont teach right and seem more carefree about school work.

This is the best school ever. I have two children in this school. My oldest is in the 5th grade and will graduate with an excellent education. He was admitted to this school when it first opened and the experience for him and I as a parent is exceptional. The principal's leadership and her staff love and committment for children is exceptional. My second child is in the 2nd grade and he loves it as much as his brother. I am having a hard time trying to find a school for my oldest that can match this school academic excellence, professional quality, involvement and love for children. The children are truly in a safe, loving and academically challenged environment. A dream school for any parent.

I love this school.My son is in ,i wish they had sixth grade.The princapal is wonderful and the teachers are great!!!!!!

I love this school the princapal is great and the teachers are wonderful. My doughter went to that school up 2 5th grade there i wish they had sixth grade. she really misses p.s.254 . Her teachewres were ms nemis miss crist and miss sim

Both my kids attend this school. It's a great school and the teachers are wonderful.

Last modified Ps 254 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.