Bad
Good

this school is ok not great. They are very strike on uniform but there teaching is not that great they are behind

Channel View is a school where much of the staff has stayed since it opened in 2004 and for good reason. It's an ideal environment to teach because most of the students are motivated to learn and there are very few behavioral problems. The parents are also supportive when it comes to their children's education. Most of the staff knows every student by name and the principal has created a culture where you feel like you're part of an extended family . Among the teachers there is also a collaborative community where lesson plans, resources and best practices are shared instead of the compeitiveness that exists in most schools. I hope to stay here until retire.

ive been at CVSR since i was in 6th garde. it was a great school and still is. i would definelty recommend it to any one. i dont currentyl go there anymore beacause I've moved to Atlanta,Ga. but its still a cool school.

I have been at channel view since I was in the 6th grade.I am now in 8th still attending channel view.the teachers are so cool and very helpful to me.I have had my ups and downs but teachers are always there to catch you when you fall.My principal know just about everyone on a first name bases.She come to visit the classes and even teaches some too! channel view is a very good school for scholarly students who have high morals and high expectations of themselves.

I have been a CVSR student since 6th grade [or technically 8th grade b/c I it was called ALPS then]. Now I'm a senior in the advanced regents program. Since it's a small school, the student-teacher relationships are very strong and teachers are able to help their students with their specific needs. Most of the students know each other, even students in various grades. The art/music teachers are spot extremely talented in their fields, and CVSR offers advantages as far as getting a head start and college for middle and high school students. I gained 3 high school credits the summer I graduated from 8th grade. The only real downside to this school is the lack of freedom/ abundance of over-protection, and if you count it as one, the uniform policy. I know I'll miss this school when I leave in '09.

I've been a student at Channel View since 6th grade and i am now in my senior year. The teachers at the school are great I know pretty much all of them and they know me and can call me by name. The learning environment at channel view is pretty great. There arn't a lot of schools in ny that you can say that about. I cant even remember the last time there was a fight. And there are always people there to help you with any kind of problem you have. CVSR is a great school but I wish we got to do more and had a little more freedom. I do believe they prepare us for college in the academic department but not so much in the social department. (trips, outside learning [ALPS!] etc)

This is my son's first year at CVSR and it was a great experience. In order to get the best out of your childs school, parents must participate. The Parent Coordinator was very helpful and always available when I needed information. My son's teachers have all been excellent. I am able to speak to my childs teacher during evening hours if I needed to. I have their email addresses and one was kind enough to give me her cell phone number if I have any concerns. All schools have a teacher or two that we aren't to pleased with, but as long as you are an active parent and show that your child is not alone in this world, trust me you will get the quality your child deserves. New parents please get involved in the monthly PTA meetings and be aware of what's going on at CVSR.

teachers:good attention: great dress code: bad school trips: none to speak of this year afterschool: the activities are boring and not engaging, this is why not many studens are interested.... oppotunities: ok

Our principal really works hard to get us the most educational opportunities possible including college classes and AP courses

i wennnel view for middle school let me tel you it was great.the uniform wasn't really a problem and they are strict about it. my teachers were nice and it was a friendly enviroment. its also good b/c you can stay there till 11 grade. i love this school

Last modified Channel View School For Research is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.