Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted February 12, 2016
We are exceedingly grateful for and to Peninsula Preparatory Academy Charter School. Everyday we feel the warmth, care, compassion, determination & integrity of the faculty. Our principal is exceptionally inspirational & passionate about our children's all around well-being. My son is currently in Kindergarten. He came in with an IEP. As of 2 weeks ago he no longer has one and is reading above his grade level. Thank you PPA :-)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
Yes all scholars have respect and if not then they work with scholars to show them about great respect towards others

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
All students at ppa are treated equally the teachers make sure of that, and work very hard with scholars

Posted June 05, 2015
Best charter school I'm far rockaway no complaints everyone is caring and on top of things

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 05, 2015
Love the teachers at this school, they work with all scholars every step of the way and make sure they succeed there goal on what they need help with

Posted April 24, 2013
AMAZING SCHOOL!!, I really love this school. I notice improvements since my daughter switched schools, she did great on the Ny state test and the teachers teach the child very well! My daughter also loves the school she made friends, got perfect grades, and liked the teachers. The staff and Teachers are very nice and friendly.

Posted February 07, 2012
my son has excelled since arriving to ppa, we are so proud of his progress and we love the staff of PPA they are very caring and also set a high standard of learning.

Posted September 06, 2009
I really think it's time for this school to have an up to date website.

Posted June 01, 2009
Excellent school in terms of a public education.The hours are 8am-4pm....kinda long...but my daughter is excelling.It's her 2nd year.Her Kindergarten teacher Mrs Johnson was excellent...her 1st grade teacher Mrs Garcon is excellent. the problem I see is with the kid's coming in with no formal training at home.So like someone said earlier parental involvement is essential.Why should my child lose learning time cause a teacher is disciplining your child?If your child is on red...he/she is behaving badly. The most important opinion is the kids...unfortunately they cannot leave a review.They run into the school in the mornings.That says it all.My daughter loves to go this school. Paulette Jemmott-Wiley

Posted May 26, 2009
This is my daughter's 2nd year in this school and academically its excellent. I grew up going to private school and this school tops what I had initially expected, especially for a public school in Queens/NYC. Unfortunately, we are in a rough neighborhood where parents seem to think that the teachers can fix all the problems but in order for a child to EXCEL academically, they need support at HOME. The biggest issue I have seen in this school as far as students go is their BEHAVIOR. Teachers are limited to how much they can discipline a child, and it becomes a challenge when basic rules are not enforced at HOME. I trully wish to see the Board of Ed assist some more and see the school building actually come to life. I would definately recommend this school to anyone with children entering k-5th.

611 Beach 19th Street, Queens, NY  11691
Last modified Peninsula Preparatory Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.