Uh oh! No photos. This frame will look much better when you
upload photos »
About this school
WHAT MAKES EAST-WEST SPECIAL?
• All students study up to five hours a week of an Asian language.
• Small, supportive community.
• Special emphasis on rigor in academic study.
• Students are accepted from all levels and backgrounds.
• Students improve their literacy through a focus on writing in all content areas.
• Special Education students are integrated into general education classes.
• Active after-school program with clubs, tutoring and sports, such as Judo, basketball, Model UN, NYPD Explorers, and calligraphy.
• Opportunities to travel abroad. We have sent small groups of high school students to China, Korea, and Japan.
• Active community partners that provide enrichment opportunities.
• A vibrant PTA with monthly meetings on Saturdays.
• Best of all, we have caring teachers who are dedicated to preparing students to graduate high school and go on to university.