Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My children go to this school and I am very pleased. WJPS is only as good as the students make it - like any school. Ms Poulos is the best -- very supportive as are the teachers. It is a small school so not many extracurricular activities but the trade off is that all the teachers and staff know each student, children dont get lost.

I'm currently a high school freshman attending this school. I think as long as you are involved in the school you will be just fine. The uniform policy is annoying at times but you get used to it. The teachers are helpful as well as long as you talk to them. College readiness is not the best though. However, many of the AP classes are very challenging. Personally the school overall, can be good or bad depending how you make yourself.

Develops character: Neutral

Sometimes they show favorites for old students also, sometimes teachers can be disrespectful at times, but that depends on the way you treat them.

My daughter has been here since 6th grade. She is now a 7th grader. She likes the school, but as a parent I am not a fan of it. I think the only think I am a fan of is the UNIFORMS. The teachers are ok. I do not like how the Parent Teacher conferences are. My daughter is presenting her porfolio meanwhile there is no teacher present to meet with us. Where is the old traditional meeting the teachers. I feel that my child really don't have structure as far as readiness to learn the stuff she should as a 7th grader. I think I would of been better sending my child to her regular zone. There is to much going on with kids there. The principal (Cynthia Schneider) is never to been seen. I think I have more interaction with the Assistant Principal (Nancy Poulos) then the Principal alone. I can not wait to get my daughter out of there after 8th grade. You are better of going to IS 25 (if that is your zone) or staying with your zone Jr. HS. Whether this school is a charter school and college board is not WORTH sending your child there if you want a better education for them.

Not a good high school experience at all. According to others, its a school of favortism. Its very true. Lots of the students can get away with murder and still not get into any trouble. Theres no activities besides the clubs and the staff members are the definition of rude. Nobody is a hater they are just peoples opinions. Many opinions infact.

I go to this school and it rocks. I dont know why people are such haters and say that the WJPS sucks... First of all I know the uniform seems bad but it is one example of the high expectation of this wondeful school. ANOTHER good reason why it is a good school is because the teachers are very prepared. SOME haters dont like the fact that Wednesdays are half days... well teachers have orientation every Wednesday and they get classes on how to educate students better that is why On wedsnedays students leave early. I give this school 5 stars outta 5 stars. It is ranked very high nationally and is in the Best High School Roll. Lastly it is a middle school and a high school so u dont have to fuss about picking your High school so yeah. Very good school.

This school rocks! My kids come home every day with a new story about her friends, and about her teachers fun ways of teaching

This school stinks. I am an alumni of this school and now a current 9th grader who left WJPS for a different high school. No clubs, barely any work, dumb uniform policy, and half days on Wednesdays FOR WHAT REASON!!?? I AM NEVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN

I went to this school from 6th to 8th grade. In the orientation, they told us there were multiple clubs, but that is a big fat LIE! The school has like only 5 clubs, and they're only available to high school. Also, the principal barely helps us with our problems ;she just tells us to work harder. In my years of middle school, we received about 1 textbook, and work goes by VERY slowly. When regents came, we didn't even learn half of the topics there. The uniform code is also terrible. Online, they claim you need to wear wjps shorts, but no one follows it. Zero sports teams, and students get half days every Wednesday, but what's the point? We barely get any work! If you want your child to get a good education, or to be challenged, DO NOT GO TO WJPS!!!

im a student here at wjps, i just finished my freshmen year, and i must say it was horrible. The principle can care less, she acts like she cares when she doesnt. the whole school is about favoritism, ESPECIALLY when it comes to student government, they never get into trouble for uniforms, and im not over exaggerating. The teachers can careless about you, the lessons go by so slow by the time regents come along we still didnt learn 6 topics, i had to learn it all on my own. There is no extra activities to do. Next year the regents are gonna be really hard for the upcoming freshmen, new material that the teachers dont even know yet, so if i were you i wouldnt send your child there. Dont be fooled by the small classes, it dosnt change anything. Not to mention all the teachers get side tracked all the time. Anyway, long story short... dont go to wjps

Last modified World Journalism Preparatory: A College Board School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.