Posted March 16, 2014
Not a good high school experience at all. According to others, its a school of favortism. Its very true. Lots of the students can get away with murder and still not get into any trouble. Theres no activities besides the clubs and the staff members are the definition of rude. Nobody is a hater they are just peoples opinions. Many opinions infact.

Posted February 09, 2014
I go to this school and it rocks. I dont know why people are such haters and say that the WJPS sucks... First of all I know the uniform seems bad but it is one example of the high expectation of this wondeful school. ANOTHER good reason why it is a good school is because the teachers are very prepared. SOME haters dont like the fact that Wednesdays are half days... well teachers have orientation every Wednesday and they get classes on how to educate students better that is why On wedsnedays students leave early. I give this school 5 stars outta 5 stars. It is ranked very high nationally and is in the Best High School Roll. Lastly it is a middle school and a high school so u dont have to fuss about picking your High school so yeah. Very good school.

Posted December 18, 2013
This school rocks! My kids come home every day with a new story about her friends, and about her teachers fun ways of teaching

Posted June 26, 2013
This school stinks. I am an alumni of this school and now a current 9th grader who left WJPS for a different high school. No clubs, barely any work, dumb uniform policy, and half days on Wednesdays FOR WHAT REASON!!?? I AM NEVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN

Posted June 25, 2013
I went to this school from 6th to 8th grade. In the orientation, they told us there were multiple clubs, but that is a big fat LIE! The school has like only 5 clubs, and they're only available to high school. Also, the principal barely helps us with our problems ;she just tells us to work harder. In my years of middle school, we received about 1 textbook, and work goes by VERY slowly. When regents came, we didn't even learn half of the topics there. The uniform code is also terrible. Online, they claim you need to wear wjps shorts, but no one follows it. Zero sports teams, and students get half days every Wednesday, but what's the point? We barely get any work! If you want your child to get a good education, or to be challenged, DO NOT GO TO WJPS!!!

Posted June 21, 2013
im a student here at wjps, i just finished my freshmen year, and i must say it was horrible. The principle can care less, she acts like she cares when she doesnt. the whole school is about favoritism, ESPECIALLY when it comes to student government, they never get into trouble for uniforms, and im not over exaggerating. The teachers can careless about you, the lessons go by so slow by the time regents come along we still didnt learn 6 topics, i had to learn it all on my own. There is no extra activities to do. Next year the regents are gonna be really hard for the upcoming freshmen, new material that the teachers dont even know yet, so if i were you i wouldnt send your child there. Dont be fooled by the small classes, it dosnt change anything. Not to mention all the teachers get side tracked all the time. Anyway, long story short... dont go to wjps

Posted June 16, 2013
My son was just accepted into this school for 9th grade this september but after reading these reviews, i am not sure how i feel about this school. Any advise from anyone would be helpful..

Posted June 04, 2013
wjps is okay i use to got there and let me just tell you, they lie they have no fun programs to do like dance,art,music,fashion club, anything if youre looking to send your kid/kids to this school keep looking send him/her here if you want youre child to be miserable I HATED!! that school the only thing i liked about it was that we got half days on wednsdays this school could improve if they learned to do more fun things which they wont so trust me DONT SEND YOUR KID THEIR IM JUST WARNING YOU!!

Posted May 19, 2013
I currently attend high school here and my experience has not been great at all, along with the fact that I am immensely disappointed for choosing this school. The uniform code is out of place, the staff is extremely rude and disrespectful, and the teachers talk about their students to other teachers in front of all the other students. Starting with the uniform "policy" as they call it, a majority of the students especially the girls get away with wearing short shorts, sweat pants, leggings, skirts, and some times fishnet stockings along with shirts that are not wjps "logo". The same applies for the boys who also do not wear the school logo. As on their website and in the school, they claim that "everyone needs to look professional and to be in logo uniform" meanwhile everyone is wearing none of it. Obviously if they have a "uniform policy",they should stick to it. There is just so much to say with such little characters remaining but the staff is just disgusting and yet again the teachers have so much to say about some of the students to others. This school is a big joke compared to what they made it out to be. I was so excited coming here but i was so wrong.

Posted May 04, 2013
My son is coming to the end of 6th grade and he absolutely LOVES this school and it's teachers. The teachers are very involved with the kids and I was amazed that the teachers seem to know the names of every kid in the school and the kids know all the teachers! Now, that's being involved. I don't know what the critics are talking about, there is tons of homework each night and they challenge the kids to do better. This is not a test prep type school, they are more interested in teaching then in the state wide tests. I was against the uniform rule at first but now understand it. I never hear complaints from my son or his friends about the uniforms and it's SO much easier to dress them each day. The one negative is there's very little sports or extracurricular activities but they try with a track team, dances, science fairs, etc. This is definitely a school geared to learning and not sports. My son instead plays Bayside Little League baseball, DG basketball, Sacred Heart Swimming Team, etc., so there's no need to have the sports in the school but it would be nice. There are frequent class trips to help too. In conclusion, I HIGHLY recommend this school!

World Journalism Preparatory: A College Board School
34-65 192nd Street, Queens, NY  11358
Last modified World Journalism Preparatory: A College Board School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
World Journalism Preparatory: A College Board School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top