Goldie Maple Academy 1

Posted November 13, 2013
This school is horrible. My son started prek had about 4 different teachers. They are sloppy disorganized and the principal is mean disrespectful toward parents. Stay away from this school. They don't even give them any HW. Horrible school. My son will always throw up and they will never tell me I would only find out because my son will tell me later on. This school needs to be evaluated and have those in charged removed!!!!

Goldie Maple Academy 4

Posted April 01, 2013
Different people have different experiences but GMA is a great school in my opinion. I'm a father of a 6 year old boy that attends the school and I stay on him about his work. I love the fact that he reads so well. When he's around others kids his age and older when it comes to reading and writing he is way ahead of them. I also like the fact that they challenge the kids to be better. At first I was thinking whoa this is a lot of homework for him but now it's the norm. I very proud of my son's development under GMC.

Goldie Maple Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2012
My daughter currently attends GMA, second grade, and we both throughly enjoy the school. I strongly support what they are trying to do academically. My daughter has an excellent teacher. She is supportive and openly communicates what is going in. I look forward to the rest of the year.

Goldie Maple Academy 1

Posted April 23, 2012
Golden Maple NEEDS Administrative TRAINING. Their administrative staff are the WORST I've ever come across, I repeat Worst. Its as if they are forced to come to work. My daughter was admitted into the school and after 1 year I had to withdraw her OUT FAST! She attends a different school and Believe it or NOT I see BIG and POSITIVE change in her and around the NEW SCHOOL environment. The department of Education need to intervene in schools like this because it needs help PROFESSIONALLY, STAFF UNDERSTANDING OF PARENT INVOLVEMENT AND SATISFACTION and INTEGRITY OF THE SCHOOL.

Goldie Maple Academy 5

Posted September 21, 2011
My daughter has been attending GMA since PreK, currently in 5th grade excellent State test results. The faculty is great, the principal knows each child by name and she's always in her blue and white uniform. It's very easy these days for disgruntled parents to give a school a bad review. These are parents that you will never see at the PTA meetings, attend any workshop organized by the school or contribute positively towards the growth of the school. The principal is not a push over, very strict and wont tolerate any nonsense from a parent, and that is who we need. If we don't want this school to go back to the days of Cardozzo (when the school used to be one of the worst middle schools)

Goldie Maple Academy 5

Posted September 15, 2011
Iam a student that atends goldie maple and goldie maple is one of the most fantastic schools in the barrow. I am in the 6th grade and we learn fantasticly and the teachers are fantastic. when you have a promblem with something and you adress a staff they take there time to help and they help you right. YOU SHOULD COME TO THIS SCHOOL IT IS FUN. You would really learn something and when the teachers teach you , you understand what they are talking about and won't hve come home not knowing what you have to do . we treate people like family . SO YOU CAN COME.

Goldie Maple Academy 3

Posted April 30, 2011
GMA had the opportunity as a new school to get it right. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to accomplish this. My expericence with the teachers has been 50-50. I agree with the parent who stated it is the deficit of strong, professional leadership that has failed this. Having always approached the administration in a respectful manner, I was surprised at how condescending the leadership was. They need improved administration and to get rid of people acting in this capacity who are not qualified. Academically, it is decent. I believe it could be better . More focus on needed on the critical thinking development and the math program is weak. It jumps around too much not allowing the children to develop a solid base in a single content area before on to a different topic. You don't have to be an educator to know what happens when you don't develop a solid foundation.

Posted April 13, 2010
It offers a good balance of academics and extracurricular activities.

Posted April 03, 2010
this school is very structured- educationally and behavorial wise!!!!!!!!

Posted September 29, 2009
I am pleased with Goldie Maple Academy. This institution has the structure that is lacking in many other schools.

Goldie Maple Academy
3-65 Beach 56th Street, Queens, NY  11692
Last modified Goldie Maple Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goldie Maple Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top