Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Goldie Maple Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 17, 2015
Mrs.Manning for making my son's transition last year into "BIG" school a wonderful one and for being kind and caring to him.

Posted December 17, 2015
I am extremely pleased with the school. Last school year my son had a situation with another child, I immediately spoke with Ms.Logan and the situation was rectified, I was pleased with how she handled the incident and I was kept in the loop every step of the way. His teachers have been great and always available if I had any questions. Every person has different experiences but I am pleased to say the past two years with the school have been very good for my family.

Posted March 11, 2015
I AM SO DISCUSTED WITH THE PRINCIPLE OF GMA.NOONE KNOWS HOW SHE GOT BACK INTO THE SCHOOL AGAIN.AFTER HER APEARANCE IN THE NEWSPAPER. NOT ONLY THAT SHE IS SO DISTANT WITH THE PARENTS.BUT YET SHES CLOSE WHEN THE SURVEYS FOR THE SCHOOL COMES OUT,DURING TEACHER CONFFERENCE.PARENTS YOU DONOT HAVE TO SIGHN THEM THEIR AND GIVE IT TO THEM ITS CONFIDENTIAL MAIL IT YOURSELF. THEY FEED NONSENSE TO THE KIDS AND TELL THEM THEIR GONNA HAVE AN ICECREAM PIZZA PARTY.MENWHILR BACK AT THE RANCH STAFF ARE VIEWING .PARENTS MAIL IT YOURSELF PROMPTLY.

Goldie Maple Academy 3

Posted November 14, 2013
My daughter is in Pre K, both my husband and I we are very pleased with GMA and it's staff. My daughter has an excellent teacher, she also have homework every day. As parent we are informed each month with an event calendar, also a meal plan for the month, at the beginning of each week her homework assignment for that week is stapled in her note book, as parent we have to be more involved in our children's education.

Posted November 13, 2013
This school is horrible. My son started prek had about 4 different teachers. They are sloppy disorganized and the principal is mean disrespectful toward parents. Stay away from this school. They don't even give them any HW. Horrible school. My son will always throw up and they will never tell me I would only find out because my son will tell me later on. This school needs to be evaluated and have those in charged removed!!!!

Posted April 01, 2013
Different people have different experiences but GMA is a great school in my opinion. I'm a father of a 6 year old boy that attends the school and I stay on him about his work. I love the fact that he reads so well. When he's around others kids his age and older when it comes to reading and writing he is way ahead of them. I also like the fact that they challenge the kids to be better. At first I was thinking whoa this is a lot of homework for him but now it's the norm. I very proud of my son's development under GMC.

Posted October 29, 2012
My daughter currently attends GMA, second grade, and we both throughly enjoy the school. I strongly support what they are trying to do academically. My daughter has an excellent teacher. She is supportive and openly communicates what is going in. I look forward to the rest of the year.

Goldie Maple Academy 3

Posted September 18, 2012
I started going here in the fourth grade graduated two years ago. This school wasn't the greatest in my opinion. During my younger years as a student I didn't notice all the corruption until about 7th grade. The teachers were pretty cool well the ones I had. If you did what you had to do then everything would be alright. The principal is no good, she doesn't communicate very much with the students or parents, she always put up a front. This school is so worried about how they look to others than the children, they don't get what SCHOOL is really about. The uniform switches were so dysfunctional, the staff would get way to personal with the kids. Overall this school was okay but prepare yourself!

Posted April 23, 2012
Golden Maple NEEDS Administrative TRAINING. Their administrative staff are the WORST I've ever come across, I repeat Worst. Its as if they are forced to come to work. My daughter was admitted into the school and after 1 year I had to withdraw her OUT FAST! She attends a different school and Believe it or NOT I see BIG and POSITIVE change in her and around the NEW SCHOOL environment. The department of Education need to intervene in schools like this because it needs help PROFESSIONALLY, STAFF UNDERSTANDING OF PARENT INVOLVEMENT AND SATISFACTION and INTEGRITY OF THE SCHOOL.

Goldie Maple Academy 5

Posted September 21, 2011
My daughter has been attending GMA since PreK, currently in 5th grade excellent State test results. The faculty is great, the principal knows each child by name and she's always in her blue and white uniform. It's very easy these days for disgruntled parents to give a school a bad review. These are parents that you will never see at the PTA meetings, attend any workshop organized by the school or contribute positively towards the growth of the school. The principal is not a push over, very strict and wont tolerate any nonsense from a parent, and that is who we need. If we don't want this school to go back to the days of Cardozzo (when the school used to be one of the worst middle schools)

Goldie Maple Academy
65 Beach 56th Place, Queens, NY  11692
Last modified Goldie Maple Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.