Queens, NY

Posted August 07, 2015
Here is an update about TYwls ... Since my last post in March 2014 .. Our school is doing great things we are currently #1 in Ela in the district ,#2 in Math in the District .. Mrs Panday (principal ) continues to work hard with the staff , parents , students always striving to improve the school , this school is very diverse in culture and no student is ever left out we are one big happy family .. The school work is very challenging , but the teachers are always there if the students need extra help .. Every morning the students have morning meeting which each broken up into groups which is excellent this allows the students to discuss or express there feelings about certain topics and it also informs the students of upcoming , past events at the school , the school still offers the after school community house which is year round , Ela , math prep , various clubs , chorus , cross country ,indoor /outdoor track ,student government , Cheerleaders . In the summer we have TYwls Explorers for 3 weeks .. Last August for the first time at our school .. The school programs were given out which was great .. So listen out for that phone call when the students can pick up there program , parents our school attendance rate is 93% .. Let's work on that this school term 95%- 100 % .. And remember this is a uniform school .. White sneakers .. We also have a active PTA which meets once a month on tues ,we also have a College Advisory.. Who is always there to assist with college updates. if you have a new student attending TYwls please register on pupil path .. This site keeps you updated with your child's progress , grades , assignments in every class as well as allowing you to interact with the teacher by email .. I use this daily .. On August 20 2015 the principal Mrs Panday will be having a meet and greet all are welcome , please come out and meet the staff and welcome the new staff ,PTA .. Find out what's new at TYwls this school term 2015/2016 listen out for the phone blast there will be plenty , but you can never say no one told you every event ,news is done by phone blAst or paper handouts . .. My Daughter has been attending TYwls since 6th grade and in Sept she will be in the 10th grade and I honestly can say I love this school .. The Staff is excellent .. So with this being said TYWLS have a great school term and Continue to strive to be the best .. Mrs S

Posted October 01, 2014
I think this school is really good. I started coming here for the first time and everybody is extremely nice. The teachers also challenge you. It is noisy in lunch and the lunch itself doesn't taste that good. Hallways are crowded and there should be an auditorium. The academic level is good. People are very friendly and there is little or no bullying.

Posted June 03, 2014
Boring an have nothing to offer. They also have a lack of learning an teaching the grading system is really bad

Young Women's Leadership School of Queens 4

Posted November 07, 2012
The phone number is (718) 725-0402. principle Avionne Gumbs, vp Jennifer Pineda, parent co-odinator Leslie Harding. My daughter came in in 8th grade from a failing school, and I am pleased w/ the school. When you put effort in your child's education, by being involved, showing you are interested, it makes it more rewarding, what they bring home. My daughter is not a talker, but she goes for afterschool help. They've gone on trips to college every year she's been there, and has received info from numerous colleges. This school has given her the push to do well to get a scholarship for college.

Posted November 02, 2012
Can someone please give me more information on this school, I plan to send my daughter there, she will be going to the tenth grade. currently she is attending John Bowne HS, She is doing very well in her classes, but I am not satisfied with the school! It allows a lot of inappropriate behavior.

Young Women's Leadership School of Queens 2

Posted May 03, 2011
The best thing about this school is the college bound program. The college counselor is young, professional and is up to date with her information. It's great that the younger students have the opportunity to visit colleges. My daughter has benefited greatly from attending college trips.

Posted July 19, 2010
Unsatisfactory leadership. Girls are not nurtured as was promised during interview. My daughter was not prepared for high school during middle school. Most of her accomplishments were due to private tutoring and independent studies. Teachers are abusive with little or no intervention from the Principal. Students are suspended almost daily. Abuse of power by inexperienced Administration.

Posted March 04, 2010
I am the parent of an 11th grade student at this school. My daughter was recruited from 6th grade and has been at this school since 7th grade. This school has NOT gotten her ready for college. I have noticed this school is more concerned about how the girls look then what the academics of the girls. Parents BEWARE this school looks great from the outside looking in, but there are too many shady things happening on the inside.

Young Women's Leadership School of Queens

Posted October 20, 2009
I find in the short period of time my daughter has been at this school, a lot has happened for her. Her confidence is improving, she is getting better at completing her assignments, and the encouragement to be more involved I appreciate. The school's populace is much smaller, all girls, and has a college-bound program that is very progressive. She has already met with colleges this week, to see what is being offered to her. I love this school!

Young Women's Leadership School of Queens
150-91 87th Road, Queens, NY  11432
Last modified Young Women's Leadership School of Queens is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Women's Leadership School of Queens Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top