Queens, NY

Queens Academy High School 5

Posted May 17, 2013
I attended this school after not being successful at a bigger school. The teachers were really helpful and my grades and interest in school suddenly rise, after that, being in school got a lot easier, the environment, the smaller classrooms it helped me move forward, attend college and look back at this school with fund memories, unlike the other bigger school I attended which was a completely waste of time. Two thumbs up for Jenny Squires and Q.A.H.S.

Queens Academy High School 4

Posted October 08, 2012
I'm currently a student at this school and I entered with about 20 credits, having failed at a previous high school I was a bit nervous when I first started. This school runs of a trimester basis - meaning, if you pass all your classes from September-December, in December you will get a new schedule with classes you need, and then in March, you'll get one more schedule to get the other classes you need. You repeat this until you have the 44 credits necessary to graduate. Attendance is a big factor at this school, and classes are amazingly small - a big class here has 12 students in it. There is an extreme advantage in small class size. If you raise your hand and request one-on-one help, a teacher will be there to explain things to you. Teachers are also really great here. They are very easy to talk to and very friendly, and they know all of their students personally. I can talk on a friendly level with almost all of my teachers and their classes are fun. This school has a small budget but I feel that's not a big deal considering teachers seem to enjoy what they're doing. The math teachers need some work but all in all I'd really recommend Q.A.H.S. to any student needing a change.

Queens Academy High School
138-11 35th Avenue, Queens, NY  11354
Last modified Queens Academy High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queens Academy High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top