6-9 & Ungraded
Rego Park, NY
Students enrolled: 1,476

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey 1

Posted March 26, 2015
Fine school. However, the main thing that is not good is about its environment. The good thing about it is that the teachers work hard to make sure that everyone is safe and are good students.

Posted October 17, 2014
Hello, Helping parents is very important to JHS157. The office staff is usually very polite, professional and welcoming. If you have a concern, you should come to school and meet with the principal. I am sure this can easily be addressed

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey 1

Posted October 16, 2014
Office staff is very rude! Horrible customer service to whichever lady answers the phone. At least pretend to be nice!

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey 5

Posted April 17, 2014
As a new parent, coming to Halsey from PS175- my son and I absolutely love the school. The teachers are great, the principal is welcoming and patient with all the little questions and concerns. Their SEP - Software Engineering program is simply amazing, the band is great and my son enjoys Mouse Squad, SEP and the Jazz Band. He is challenged being in the honors program. As a parent, I love the PupilPath system they use and wish that all teachers used it, as some use it less than others. I would highly recommend this school to all my friends and family!

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey 5

Posted January 07, 2014
I go to this school it is my first year and i love it. The teachers are great and really want us to have a great future!!!!

Posted October 11, 2013
To be a new student's parent, I like the way the school is which is at the beginning of the school year all teachers meet all students parents to introduce themselves and email address to keep in touch.

Posted September 26, 2013
My kids are in 7 and 8 grades and I see they don't have to much problems. I love the extra help for the kids and tje talwnt classes specially music and art my kids been learning to be proud of them self and academic they are learning and helping friends. I love this school andthe people who work Iin there is always helping parents

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey 3

Posted May 26, 2013
I went to Halsey JHS 157 from 2007-2010 I loved this school the teachers encouraged us to learn but that was 3 years ago. I now attend Forest Hills High school A few blocks away, a lot of the things that i was taught in my first year of high school, I was already taught in Middle School Yes, there were fights, Yes there were bullies, I was never in A fight and I was never bullied because I minded my own business but still made friends. Security and deans were great but a little rude. This was a good school

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey 2

Posted December 05, 2012
Locker rooms in this school are not supervised by teachers. Children get beat up in the locker rooms while changing before/after gym classes. There are alot of bullies in this school constantly intimadating children.

Posted November 30, 2012
Halsey is a pretty good school. I am currently going to Halsey and I am in the honors class. There are some people that are very nice especially in the honor classes. Though my only complaint is (since I am a student many might think otherwise) that some of the kids are bad kids that push everyone in their way. I was on the staircase and a random kid pulled my lunchbox and I almost fell. He didn't even say sorry which is very rude and it is NOT nice. Besides that, I think this school is good.

Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey
63-55 102nd St, Rego Park, NY  11374
Last modified Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top