Rensselaer, NY

Posted April 02, 2014
If I could give more stars I would. Red Mill is amazing. The Principal, John Caporta is a credit to his profession and the 2011 National Blue Ribbon award is a testament to his work.

Posted September 10, 2013
I have a 2nd grader & after extensive research we decided to move to this area that would put my son in the Red Mill district. In June we went in to tour the school & see what a typical day looks like. The principal was AMAZING & spent over an hour & half with us. He first met us in his office & answered all our questions & then took us on a tour of the school which included letting us go into the 1st grade classrooms (introducing my son to kids that would be in his grade this year) & also took us into the 2nd grade classes to meet who would be his new teacher for this year as well get a peak at what 2nd grade will look like. It has only been a week & half of school but so far both my son & I love Red Mill. I attended the 1st PTO meeting tonight & was very impressed by not only have welcoming everyone but also with how many activities & events they offer throughout the year. While on a whole the East Greenbush district is huge; Red Mill is still small enough for everyone to know everyone & keeps it very personal - Red Mill has the ability to offer the sane opportunities of large schools while also providing a very individual & specific educational plan.

Red Mill School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
I just love everything about Red Mill....Great place for my daughter

Posted September 10, 2008
Both of my kids went to Red Mill and excelled! Red Mill in my opinion is by far my favorite elementary school in the district. My children left Red Mill in 5th grade as 'A' students and were totally prepared for the middle school. I couldn't have asked for better teachers, administration and parent participation. My kids and I miss Red Mill dearly, but I guess they do have to grow up and move on.

Posted November 16, 2003
Red Mill administration and staff are the best! This school has a warm, welcoming,nurturing and fun learning environment, where kids feel safe and parent presence and participation is not just tolerated, but encouraged. The many teaching talents at this school are amazing. The staff knows how to team up to address student needs and they will adjust methods to meet the needs of any student. The staff does this with graciousness and a genuine concern for the well being of the kids. Staff and visitors treat each other with dignity and respect. This atmosphere transcends to the students and community at large, which is why their standardized test scores are consistenly the front runner in the region and their events are always a success. Red Mill is a perfect example of how a good administrator sets the tone and creates an atmosphere of excellence. The school is a rare find and should be a model for other schools in the district, state and country.

Red Mill School
225 McCullough Place, Rensselaer, NY  12144
Last modified Red Mill School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Mill School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top