Bad
Good

If I could give more stars I would. Red Mill is amazing. The Principal, John Caporta is a credit to his profession and the 2011 National Blue Ribbon award is a testament to his work.

I have a 2nd grader & after extensive research we decided to move to this area that would put my son in the Red Mill district. In June we went in to tour the school & see what a typical day looks like. The principal was AMAZING & spent over an hour & half with us. He first met us in his office & answered all our questions & then took us on a tour of the school which included letting us go into the 1st grade classrooms (introducing my son to kids that would be in his grade this year) & also took us into the 2nd grade classes to meet who would be his new teacher for this year as well get a peak at what 2nd grade will look like. It has only been a week & half of school but so far both my son & I love Red Mill. I attended the 1st PTO meeting tonight & was very impressed by not only have welcoming everyone but also with how many activities & events they offer throughout the year. While on a whole the East Greenbush district is huge; Red Mill is still small enough for everyone to know everyone & keeps it very personal - Red Mill has the ability to offer the sane opportunities of large schools while also providing a very individual & specific educational plan.

I just love everything about Red Mill....Great place for my daughter

Both of my kids went to Red Mill and excelled! Red Mill in my opinion is by far my favorite elementary school in the district. My children left Red Mill in 5th grade as 'A' students and were totally prepared for the middle school. I couldn't have asked for better teachers, administration and parent participation. My kids and I miss Red Mill dearly, but I guess they do have to grow up and move on.

Last modified Red Mill School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.