Ps 71 Forest 3

Posted March 16, 2014
the new principle has changed many things about the school like she added "owl dollars"most the things that you can get with these owl dollars is what 5 th grade would usually get with the old principle if she is going to have theses things it should only be for 4th grade and under and give those things to 5th grade they've been looking at the past 5th graders enjoying all these things for 5 years and they couldn't wait until they were in fifth grade to get these.

Ps 71 Forest 2

Posted February 26, 2014
while the principal is new and seeks to involve parents and families on a greater level, the old staff is still the same and very selective in who they give their best service to. I am not impressed.

Ps 71 Forest 5

Posted November 24, 2013
I love this school because it has clubs like the Recycling club with a good teacher ms Ryan.They have wonderful students like I once was now I'm following my dreams as a actress and artiest at my new school new voices ms 443 I will never forget all the wonderful teachers and community that forest elementary ps 71 Q gave me .but mostly I will never forget my friends in that school my friends were my teachers the assistant principals and the principal which allowed us to explore clubs and have a singing Competition at lunch so we don't get board so I'm grateful for that school i will never ever forget ps 71Q ever !!!!!!

Ps 71 Forest 3

Posted October 29, 2013
i use to go to this school.i now go to i.s383 a school for the gifted and talented. If u decide to send ur child there,trust me it is a great school.i had just graduate this school in 2012.My younger brother still goes to 71 and he still get a good score on his test. 1 thing i hope the school will change it that this school used to be a no uniform school. Kids in this school are still little,they do not wear inappropriate clothes. i think normal clothes are fine.

Posted October 26, 2013
PS 71 now has a new Principal who is a force of positiveness, has a great love for the children (she calls them her children) and her number one goal not only for her students, but also for parents is have an excellent education! She's a ROCK STAR! In the short time she has been at PS 71, she has created an atmosphere of success and has brought up the school moral. We are proud that she is our students' leader. Our school will go from a great school to an outstanding school and we are ready for it!

Posted October 26, 2013
The new prinicipal at PS 71 is friendly and open to speaking to the parents. She is an advocate for great education and has implemented workshops for the parents. She has also re-implemented celebrations for the kids (they need positive re-inforcement for the hard work they do after all). The parents are happy to see her face and know that she cares about the students and the school. She makes herself available to staff, parents and students. The teachers seem more at ease now then in previous years. The overall atmosphere is lighter and more energetic. It is my opinion that she will make PS 71 a Grade A+ school.

Posted October 26, 2013
The new principal of PS 71 is very friendly. It's nice to see and know who the principal of the school is! The AP's are also very present. The Parent Coordinator is hard working and relates to the parents. She holds creative and educational workshops for the parents as well as enjoyable family night events every month. The teachers are very caring and work very hard to implement great learning skills and get our children college and career ready. They work well with the parents and make me feel that my children are in good hands. I look forward to the school grade going up and keeping it's great status. Way to go PS 71 staff and teachers!!!

Posted October 26, 2013
PS 71 now has a new Principal who is a force of positiveness, has a great love for the children and her number one goal not only for her students, but also for the parents and educators is to have an excellent education! She's a ROCK STAR! In a short time, she has created an atmosphere of success and has brought up the school morale. We are proud that she is our students' leader. The teachers are outstanding! They are very effective and care about the students success. The security agent works diligently to keep the school safe and make the children feel at home. The Aides, Custodial & Lunch staff are the backbone of the school and really care about the students. The Parent Coordinator is the liaison between the staff and families. She holds educational and creative workshops for the parents. She also holds monthly enjoyable family night activities. The PA team and Office staff bring a feeling of warmth and welcome to the school. Being a staff member, student and parent at PS 71 is like being part of a big family. Everyone works together for the greater good. I am proud to have my children attend this school. Thank you PS 71!

Posted September 27, 2013
I am excited to know that there is a new Principal in the school. The implimintations that have been intruduced with the new learning curriculum for the students and the workshops to teach the parents are extraordinary.

Ps 71 Forest 1

Posted March 21, 2013
I too would not recommend this school. I will be making an official complaint regarding the comments made by the teacher in class to my son that criticized and embarrassed him. I do not believe using belittling tactics is how a child should be taught or corrected. It's gotten to the point where my son does not want to raise his hand to ask a question. That is unacceptable! If you call the office, you'll wind up "leaving a message" because the principal is NEVER available - they will try to pawn you off to the asst principal who is clueless. When you leave a message don't expect a quick turnaround on a call back. It took 2 weeks to get a return call. After that I learned you literally have to go to the office to make a formal complaint in writing otherwise it will not be taken seriously or be handled as a priority. And aren't our kids a priority for us! Ms Jackie is the only employee at PS 71 who has been helpful. The one positive thing about the school is it's kept clean...but you know what they say "nice on the outside rotten on the inside"! Just remember to stay on top of things and always go to the office to put your issue writing.

Ps 71 Forest
62-85 Forest Ave, Ridgewood, NY  11385
Last modified Ps 71 Forest is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 71 Forest Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.