7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Unfortunately, this school should not call itself a catholic school. I've never in my life have seen educators want the students to fail as much as this staff!! Instead of working with their students to succeed they would rather fail them. As far as the administration, they pick and choose who they want to discipline. If it's an easy target they will step in but if it's a big donors child they do nothing. It's a shame how this school is considered a catholic school but there is nothing Christian about it!

My son loves Mercy! Thank God for Catholic School. When he attended Pulaski he was almost killed by a student, Riverhead public schools, pure violence. My son has been at Mercy since 7th grade, he is now a 9th grader, and honor student. He has good friends there, they are not snobby, and we are not rich, not even close. My priorities are not fancy cars, clothes, and having my hair and nails done. My priority is an excellent education and safety for my son. After my son was in the dangerous Riverhead public school, the only option was Mercy or home school. I chose Mercy instead of home schooling for so many positive reasons for my son. He couldn't be happier. Way to go Mercy!!!

I went to the school play here just this weekend and was absolutely DISGUSTED to hear foul language used in the play repeatedly, in addtion to using the Lord's name in vain and two male characters kiss on the stage. Unbelievable. I wonder how the priests in the audience and the school principal feel about it. Apparently there are no differences between this parochial school and the local high school.

As a prior student I have to say these were some of the best four years of my life. I still have great friends and close relationships with the people I met here at mercy. The faculty truly believes in you and wants the best out of you. Yes they do push you and they don't except less than your full potential but that is one of the best qualities of this special place. Unlike other catholic schools on Long Island, mercy has the heart and character. In other words the morals and values you learn here are truly priceless. You cannot put a price tag on friendships, right from wrong, compassion, selflessness, and the meaning of the word family. This is all a result of being a part of the mercy family . I wouldn't trade it for the world

I love Mercy and I think all the kids I know are really nice. I'm a new eighth grader and I'm shy. I was afraid everyone would be cliquey and have friends already and would ignore me, but everyone was kind and accepting. there were only a few annoying kids. Overall, it's great.

The school is centered around family and values where all are respected. Parents have like kind values and education is a top priority. All the children are involved in activities there is something for everyone there. Go Monarchs

Best school ever! great teachers and faculty members. It's like my second family/home.

I am a freshman at McGann Mercy and I agree with the girl in 7th grade, it is very cliquey and the kids there are very stuck up. Honestly i hate it there. Compared to my firends in public school the kids are pretty mean. The academics are okay but nothing great. I also hope to switch back to public school.

I am a 7th grader here at McGann-Mercy. The acedemics are good, but the classes are really small and form cliques. The kids seem stuck up,coming from public school the kids weren't as spoiled. I grew tired over this school very quickly and now i'm hoping to go back to public school for my 8th grade year.

Last modified Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12