Posted March 01, 2014
My son loves Mercy! Thank God for Catholic School. When he attended Pulaski he was almost killed by a student, Riverhead public schools, pure violence. My son has been at Mercy since 7th grade, he is now a 9th grader, and honor student. He has good friends there, they are not snobby, and we are not rich, not even close. My priorities are not fancy cars, clothes, and having my hair and nails done. My priority is an excellent education and safety for my son. After my son was in the dangerous Riverhead public school, the only option was Mercy or home school. I chose Mercy instead of home schooling for so many positive reasons for my son. He couldn't be happier. Way to go Mercy!!!

Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School 1

Posted November 23, 2013
I went to the school play here just this weekend and was absolutely DISGUSTED to hear foul language used in the play repeatedly, in addtion to using the Lord's name in vain and two male characters kiss on the stage. Unbelievable. I wonder how the priests in the audience and the school principal feel about it. Apparently there are no differences between this parochial school and the local high school.

Posted October 20, 2013
As a prior student I have to say these were some of the best four years of my life. I still have great friends and close relationships with the people I met here at mercy. The faculty truly believes in you and wants the best out of you. Yes they do push you and they don't except less than your full potential but that is one of the best qualities of this special place. Unlike other catholic schools on Long Island, mercy has the heart and character. In other words the morals and values you learn here are truly priceless. You cannot put a price tag on friendships, right from wrong, compassion, selflessness, and the meaning of the word family. This is all a result of being a part of the mercy family . I wouldn't trade it for the world

Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School 3

Posted August 24, 2013
My husband and I were very excited to send our child to this school, as was she in the beginning. However, we are extremely disappointed in how the school has conducted itself when our child had and still has issues with other students. The school acted as if there wasn't a real problem and tried to brush it under the rug. Given our values and beliefs we were hoping they would use the students bullying as a learning experience for all involved. The administration attitude was, "kids will be kids," and that is just not acceptable! One would think a Chatholic would teach these students right from wrong!

Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School 4

Posted January 09, 2011
I love Mercy and I think all the kids I know are really nice. I'm a new eighth grader and I'm shy. I was afraid everyone would be cliquey and have friends already and would ignore me, but everyone was kind and accepting. there were only a few annoying kids. Overall, it's great.

Posted August 20, 2010
The school is centered around family and values where all are respected. Parents have like kind values and education is a top priority. All the children are involved in activities there is something for everyone there. Go Monarchs

Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School 0

Posted February 07, 2010
Best school ever! great teachers and faculty members. It's like my second family/home.

Posted February 07, 2010

Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
I am a freshman at McGann Mercy and I agree with the girl in 7th grade, it is very cliquey and the kids there are very stuck up. Honestly i hate it there. Compared to my firends in public school the kids are pretty mean. The academics are okay but nothing great. I also hope to switch back to public school.

Posted October 01, 2009

Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School
1225 Ostrander Avenue, Riverhead, NY  11901
Last modified Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Bishop Mcgann-Mercy Diocesan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.