Riverhead, NY

Posted September 23, 2014
I have to agree with the student who said that if you are the new kid on the block and not coming in at Kindergarten you will have a very hard time. Just a bit of information for any parent of a special needs child. They don't do special needs as my special needs child teacher said "I don't do special needs" I told her now you do and showed her my child's IEP but from the very first day she wanted nothing to do with my child and made it well known. The principle is new to the school and is trying to do the best she can but does not have much knowledge about special needs children either. Even with the services provided by my school district they were not willing to give my child a chance. The teacher told me she did not belong in her class so I took her out. Now she won't have to deal with my child just my lawyer!!!

Posted November 15, 2013
St isidore, sr linda and the teachers are excellent. 4th year there and it beats any school on Long Island.

Posted January 29, 2013
I am a former student of St. Isidore's. I was there for two years and it was the most miserable two years of my life. My parents wanted to send me and my sister to private school because they thought the education would be better and the classrooms would be smaller. All of us were in for a rude awakening. My sister and I never fit in with the students because we were the new kids on the block while the rest of the students were classmates since Kindergarten. Students, parents, and staff were very cliquey. At that time there was no gymnasium or cafeteria, don't know about now. The principal ran the school like a warden, so did the teachers. It's one thing to be strict but kids have to be kids here and there, not in this school though. The teachers were dull and boring, never enhanced the dry subject matter. Looking back now it is very apparent they were in over their heads as teachers and did it only for the pay. I am currently a college graduate and an aspiring teacher and in no way would I reccomend this school to any parent/child, especially if you are not starting your child from Kindergarten.

Posted March 18, 2012
This School, it's teachers and Sister Linda are a wonderful school. Parent participation is very high and students seem to be a year ahead of the public school in most subjects.

Posted January 28, 2010
I have lived in Riverhead for my entire life. I went to both public and parochial schools. I can honestly say in my dealing with this school, that the principal of the school is wonderful. She truely invests herself in every child, and her ultimate goals all involve what is best for the children. I have seen her go over and above the call of duty on many occasions. Who ever wrote those unkind words about her has a hidden personal agena. The school is a family, and the teachers give extra help to these students dunring their lunch break and after school. It is a nurturing environment.

St Isidore School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I have been a part of St.Isidores school for 6 years and could not be happier. To the parents that are disgusted, take your child out, sending your child to St. Isidores is an option and a decision that you make on your own with your family. If you arent happy leave, dont bash the school and its reputation! Yes wee need a gymnasium(which we are working on) and the kids eat in the class but everything else they get from attending this school far surpasses that! They are also working on science labs, remedial rooms(they do offer that now) and a music lab. None of that could be done without parental involvement, so instead of complaining about the parents in the office, get in the office and offer to help. Dont sit on your butt and when things dont happen complain. St.Isidores is an amazing school.

St Isidore School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
I have 2 children in the school and I am utterly disgusted with many things. First off the principal is very uncaring and no way exemplifies what a nun needs to be she is all about collect money and forming cliques with mothers who come in and 'volunteer' in the office while gossiping. The teachers are there for a pay check and have no interest in teaching the students the work is so behind other schools especially in the middle school level I am forced to take my son out an place him in another school, I have already hired a tutor just to make sure that he is not behind when he transfers to his new school. There is no gym, dodgeball and variations of dodgeball are played mostly, in 4 years my child has not done one art project in 4 years. Save your money and go public school.

Posted December 15, 2008
Former student, now in college. I can't speak to how St.Isidore's has changed since I left, but I can't imagine it being any different. Teachers are forced to teach in subjects they know nothing about and don't have degrees in, while public school kids at RMS have the option of a more intense curriculum and the possibility of taking high school math in 8th grade, something SIS doesn't offer. The environment among students was mostly that of avoiding work and goofing off, since the teachers did nothing to create interest in what we were learning and would often skip ahead several subjects in a class if we were 'behind'. The facilities here are terribly lacking, what with the gym, auditorium, and lunchroom being the the basement. As a parent mentioned, the teachers and parents are very cliquey and cold to outsiders, which isn't very Christian. Not at all worth the tuition.

Posted February 21, 2008
My daughter has been in St. Isidore for 9 years (k - 8) and it has given her a terrific foundation. St. Isidore's gives students every opportunity to express themselves under the watchful eyes of the teachers and the principal. The discipline is just right, not too strict, not too loose. I would do it all over again. I'm sure my daughter has been given the tools to succeed in high school and beyond.

St Isidore School 4