Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Dr. Green is a effective leader. We see how strong he is as that leader, by how genuine and caring staff is about their students.

My Son has excelled at this school. The staff is always available to talk about curriculum, and the strength/weakness of child, and what a suitable course of action will be to improve. My Son just liked school before...Now he loves it. We've seen a positive change in our son. From just a young boy, to a positive role model for his sibling and fellow students. Thank you Dr. Green and staff. I look forward to when my youngest is enrolled.

This school really took a dive when they moved from Hoover drive to and merged with Appolo. They closed Hoover drive becasue they wanted to save Appolo, as it was on the list of schools to be closed unless they improved the school. The atmosphere has changed and the 100% lottery rules changed. This forces area kids to attend a school they may not want to attend. There was one of the board members that said we can not have elitism (refering to the old Odyssey) in the Greece school district. Well they figured that out by brining down the most successful school Greece will ever have. What a horrible disaster this turned out to be. I have two kids that attend Odyssey and they both want out. One of my kids has turned for the worse, the other still has great grades. You can't control the atmosphere, as Greece made sure of that. I am thinking private schools for my other child. I lost one, but I still have time to save the younger one going into 9th grade. Soo disapointed. Oh ya the principle is stepping down this year. You can't blame her, they pretty much dropped her on her head. Sad and dissapointed.

This school is ok if had a lot of problems with the head of the school there not very fair. Both my son and daughter go there both since 6th grade and are now in high school and still hate it the people and kids are rude and talk so much about everyone else you have to be popular to fit in and have money and nice things it's like you have to be perfect all of my kids friends hate the school as well and all wish they could change but for the most part they learn lots they have a verity of ways the teach things and teacher are for the most part very good and keeping up.

I have been very impressed with Odyssey. The faculty truly seek to find the talents of each child and encourage them. The staff are skilled with supporting and encouraging the kids according to their individual talents and needs. The International Baccalaureate program is a great fit for my daughter. The expectations for the kids are high and they meet them. I've also been impressed by the camaraderie between the six grades at Odyssey. Truly unique.

Odyssey Academy is a school like no other. This supportive community offers a sense of commitment from the staff and an overall experiential learning process for the students. It is a gem in the current American school system. I am honored to have graduated from this school, and even more honored to have been welcomed back to this amazing community as an intern and employee. Many of my mentors helped me build a solid foundation to succeed. As I now am a mentor to students, I have an additional appreciation for the numerous opportunities the staff at Odyssey offered me and the mentorship and support they have supplied me with for the past 13+ years (and still counting!). I hope your child(ren) have the opportunity to learn and grow at Odyssey Academy.

Last modified Odyssey Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.