Rochester, NY

Odyssey Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2014
This school really took a dive when they moved from Hoover drive to and merged with Appolo. They closed Hoover drive becasue they wanted to save Appolo, as it was on the list of schools to be closed unless they improved the school. The atmosphere has changed and the 100% lottery rules changed. This forces area kids to attend a school they may not want to attend. There was one of the board members that said we can not have elitism (refering to the old Odyssey) in the Greece school district. Well they figured that out by brining down the most successful school Greece will ever have. What a horrible disaster this turned out to be. I have two kids that attend Odyssey and they both want out. One of my kids has turned for the worse, the other still has great grades. You can't control the atmosphere, as Greece made sure of that. I am thinking private schools for my other child. I lost one, but I still have time to save the younger one going into 9th grade. Soo disapointed. Oh ya the principle is stepping down this year. You can't blame her, they pretty much dropped her on her head. Sad and dissapointed.

Odyssey Academy 3

Posted January 07, 2014
This school is ok if had a lot of problems with the head of the school there not very fair. Both my son and daughter go there both since 6th grade and are now in high school and still hate it the people and kids are rude and talk so much about everyone else you have to be popular to fit in and have money and nice things it's like you have to be perfect all of my kids friends hate the school as well and all wish they could change but for the most part they learn lots they have a verity of ways the teach things and teacher are for the most part very good and keeping up.

Posted January 19, 2009
I have been very impressed with Odyssey. The faculty truly seek to find the talents of each child and encourage them. The staff are skilled with supporting and encouraging the kids according to their individual talents and needs. The International Baccalaureate program is a great fit for my daughter. The expectations for the kids are high and they meet them. I've also been impressed by the camaraderie between the six grades at Odyssey. Truly unique.

Posted October 15, 2007

Posted September 16, 2007
- a former student
Odyssey Academy is a school like no other. This supportive community offers a sense of commitment from the staff and an overall experiential learning process for the students. It is a gem in the current American school system. I am honored to have graduated from this school, and even more honored to have been welcomed back to this amazing community as an intern and employee. Many of my mentors helped me build a solid foundation to succeed. As I now am a mentor to students, I have an additional appreciation for the numerous opportunities the staff at Odyssey offered me and the mentorship and support they have supplied me with for the past 13+ years (and still counting!). I hope your child(ren) have the opportunity to learn and grow at Odyssey Academy.

Odyssey Academy 4

Posted November 21, 2006

Posted April 26, 2005
Odyssey is a small, 6-12 middle/high school that prides itself on everyone knowing everyone else. The teaching staff love the small environment, the students all know everyone in their own grade and most the kids in the other grades. Also, Odyssey offers the International Baccalaureate Programme - a rigorous college-prep course of study that oftentimes counts towards most of a students first year of college. Parent involvement is extremely high, and the administration is very responsive and involved. As a smaller school, side benefits arise that one would not normally consider - if you wnat to play a varsity sport, you can - with almost everyone that tries out making most teams, the high school sports experience can be enjoyed by virtually anyone with a modicum of talent. Odyssey has become known for its tremendous musicals over the years, with students for all grades participating. A truely great school.

Posted August 26, 2003
- a former student
I started at Odyssey back when the school opened as Odyssey in 1993. I spent all 7yrs there and I graduated from there back in June of 2000. I was able to choose what middle/high school I wanted to go to and I chose Odyssey because I didnt really like any of the other schools. I also chose Odyssey because I heard about alot of the things they had to offer, like the exploritories and the small class sizes, etc things the other m.s and h.s. didnt have. I spent 7yrs with basically all the same students in my graduating class and that also has taught me alot. I know Odyssey isn't like any other middle/high school, and that at times people make fun of the school, but im really glad I went there because it has definatly taught me alot and has helped me grow to be a better person.

Odyssey Academy
750 Maiden Lane, Rochester, NY  14615
Last modified Odyssey Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top