Rochester, NY

Posted October 02, 2010
The faculty members at West Ridge are amazing. They are supportive & caring. My son is a 5th grader and has grown & thrived in his school career at West Ridge.

Posted September 30, 2010
Great families, community spirit and a caring, committed staff.

Posted May 20, 2010
I love that all 3 of my kids will be going to this school and be there overlapping times to help each other out. The teachers make a great effort to get to know the families along with the students and that makes it so much easier for the other siblings to feel comfortable as they move up through the grades.

Posted May 18, 2010
I love West Ridge Elementary school because it is based on family, and community. I have 2 boys alredy there and 1 more coming in and they will all be in the same school, and will be able to take care of each other if someone needs help. The entire staff is amazing, the principle makes sure he knows every student, and says hello to them and makes an effort to make them feel safe!! I would not go to any other school!! We love West Ridge!!

Posted May 06, 2010
The best kepy secret in Greece. Teachers are amazing and go above and beyond. Each child is an individual and every teacher knows every child by name. The older children mentor the younger children. The children are happy and enjoy school!!!

Posted April 21, 2010
We have two children that attend this school. Our son has autism and is doing very well. Our school has a great support staff and enthusiastic group of teachers to help all students succeed in the academic and social skills. Our family has been blessed by our choice of sending our two children to West Ridge.

Posted April 20, 2010
Both of our children thrive at this school. Every teacher that we have had so far are just wonderful. I feel like they really care for our kids. The family groupings are wonderful. The kids get to know the teachers even before they have them and the parents build a great relationship with the teachers from child to child. It's a great school all around and we feel very lucky to have our children go to this school.

Posted February 01, 2010
I love West Ridge. The teachers are wonderful and I could not ask for more for my children

West Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2008

Posted January 10, 2005
I am very pleased to with the academic programs, enrichment opportunities, and parent involvement at west ridge elementary. It is a model school for academic programs and student behavior. The 'school is for learning' focus keeps children focused and excited about learning. Once a week, classes with in each grade (k-2 and 3-5) are divided into learning groups or 'families.' This enables children of multiple grade levels to have work together on projects, allowing children to mentor and learn from each other while getting to know other grade level teachers. I have found all of the staff (teachers, administrators, and support staff) to be more than willing to work with parents as partners in education. This is also evident by the large pta envolvement by both parents & staff. Activities include instrumental music, chess club, book club, fitness club, and many guest speakers. It is a great school!

West Ridge Elementary School
1010 English Road, Rochester, NY  14616
Last modified West Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top