Rochester, NY
Students enrolled: 1,161

Posted August 05, 2013
What I like about this school. Having regular classes, joining clubs, also going to the Junior Prom and the Senior ball. About joining clubs, meeting new friends and having a good / fun time. When I was there, I joined Friends Of Rachel and DECA club. It is really fun. There is classes that i do like. Economics, Law & Government. I learned so much. Right now, i'm a alumni because i graduated in 2008-11.

Posted January 02, 2013
Simply said, Brighton is an amazing school. I'm a senior and been in the district my whole life. I went to a different school for 10th and 11th grade and never realized how much I didn't appreciate the quality of learning. Not untill it's gone do you realize how good of an education you got, especially if you've never had another school to compare it to. Cliques aren't really an issue. There are cliques but no student cares about them. You will find your niche here.

Posted May 04, 2012
overall, its a great school, good teachers, challenging courses, one of the top 150 schools in the country and its hard to go wrong with that. the only problem i have is that kids don't seem like the want to learn: they just talk to their friends during the lectures don't pay any attention to the teachers and they expect the teachers to stay after school and help them (which they sometimes don't even do). i'm one of the smarter ones and a bit of a perfectionist and maybe that's why i say this but i wish the teachers were strict and don't put up with any disrespect they get. But other then that, its an exceptional school

Posted September 18, 2009
Last year my daughter with Spina Bifida started HS. She's wheelchair bound, but the school opened their doors and their hearts to her and accepted her fully into the mainstream. They even modified the school play to include her. This year our other daughter started there. She also has SB, but is on a ventilator full time and medically fragile. Again, not only the staff, but the kids have opened their hearts and fully accepted her into the BHS community. It's not just a school, it's a community and one I'm proud to be in.

Posted July 20, 2008
I graduated from brighton's school system in 1984 and discovered that what i thought was a normal education was in fact one of the best in the country. Brighton has been reviewed in the top 10 public systems in a variety of studies. I was way ahead of my peers when i started college. Great great teachers who have the highest of expectations for their students. Interesting programs and excellent facilities.

Posted April 29, 2008
I go to Brighton and I think it is a great school. It is the best in the area. The school suits every kid's learning ability. At Brighton, I feel challenged, but if it ever gets too hard, I can get plenty of help from my teachers and consolers. The school offers just about every extracurricular activity there is. The only thing I do not like about Brighton is the other kids. Sometimes they can be really stuck up and mean. A lot of kids think they are 'all that'. But I guess you get that in any high school. I would recommend Brighton. After all, it is one of the top ranked public schools in the country. You cannot go wrong with that.

Brighton High School 4

Posted October 22, 2007
Brighton High School can do a lot for you, if you let it. There are so many extracurricular activities that really make it worthwhile going to school, but on top of that the classes themselves draw you there. Brighton offers ample amounts of APs, and opportunities to take really interesting classes like Sports Marketing, Accounting, Creative Writing, Film genres, etc. It's an all around strong school, and I would highly reccomend it to the self-motivated student.

Brighton High School 4

Posted January 07, 2006
This one of the best academic programs in the country. I was an average student at Brighton and I came out with more knowledge than most of my friends would get at any other public high school and they were A students. Being at Brighton felt more like I was at College than at a high school. I just thought it prepared you very well for the next level and the different cultures I encounterd was priceless. My child is 3 years right now and I am forgoing buying a house right now just so I can get a Townhouse in the Brighton district and get her into the system.

Brighton High School 3

Posted October 12, 2004
I had two children who went through the Brighton experience. My son, a conventional learner, did well both academically and socially. My daughter, a kid with a learning style all her own, did well academically, but suffered psychologically at the hands of several teachers (many on the teaching staff are caring, excellent teachers -- however there are others who are not). In my daughter's case, the administration was slow on the uptake, and we eventually pulled her out to try an alternative method. Bottom line? It's a good school, but stay on top of it if it isn't working for your child.

Posted May 10, 2004
Brighton is a great place for students who are preparing for a bright future and for parents who would do anything to see their kids succeed. It's not for those who plan to coast through the 4 years. There are many very bright kids who do well, but even the average learner can benefit from this sort of environment. The only type of person for whom I would not recommend this school is the extremely nervous perfectionist types. There's a lot of pressure to do well and tough competition.

1150 Winton Rd S, Rochester, NY  14618
Last modified Brighton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brighton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top