Rochester, NY

Posted November 06, 2009
School #20 has the most personable principal and staff. Their #1 priority is the children. There is never a problem being able to visit the school, whether it's to volunteer, or drop something off to my children. The staff is always available to help.

Posted April 02, 2009
My son started at this school in K, we were very happy there but we applied for the urban suburban program because that was the plan from the moment he was born, we felt that a suburban education would be better than what he could receive in the city. Boy were we wrong the suburban school was not the place for my son ans we returned to school #20! They have such a warm and inviting principal who really cares about the children. My son is now in second grade and we absolutely love his teacher. I would recommend this school to any parent who wants an elementary school with class...no pun intended.

Posted December 03, 2008
This school needs to be on the TOP of your list! My daughter has been in the Pre-K class, making friends and learning valuable social skills alongside her peers. I am completely recommending this Pre-K program! The teachers are fantastic and the school's principal is very hands-on.

Posted January 07, 2007
I was a first time mom, inexperienced but determined to offer my child the best life has to offer. Initially, I felt moving from my city resident to the suburb was the best thing to do. I did some research on elementary school and made site visits to those who met my criteria. One of the schools I visited was school #20, Henry Lomb. I was immediately impressed with the faculty and staff at #20 school. I spent several days observing the teachers and taking note of the schools curriculum and parent involvement. To observe the dedication and passion of every single staff member was enough for me to decide it was the right school for my son.The Principle, Mrs. D Johnson has done and continues to do a fantastic with our children.I'm happy I decided to stay in the City. Mercedes Vazquez Simmons

Posted September 18, 2006
My son and I are new to Rochester City Schools. So far, I am extremely impressed with both School 20, his teacher and the principal. Things I love: 1. Parent involvement is encouraged. 2. School uniforms are required. 3. Class size is small. 4. The principal does not come across as a figurehead. She appears to know who's who among both students and parents. 5. The school is secure. Parents/guardians were issued id tags which must be shown in order to gain entry to the building. That's all for now.

School 20 Henry Lomb School 1

Posted August 10, 2004
This is the right school for parents that worry about their children education and well being. This school has given me a sense of pride for the last five years. All my grandchildren attend this school one has just graduated in June. The teachers here are just not teachers, they are people that care about our children's learning, and welfare. Children attending and learning here will definetly give something great to our society. I have nothing but love and a lot of gratitude for #20 school.

Posted August 10, 2003
I have a daughter currently enrolled in this school. Year 2002-2003 was the first year for her in this school. She is going to third grade next year. I think this is a wonderful school, my daughter accomplished a lot. It taught her things that other school were not able to. My daughter and I love. I recommend it to anyone.

School 20 Henry Lomb School
54 Oakman Street, Rochester, NY  14605
Last modified School 20 Henry Lomb School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 20 Henry Lomb School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top