East High School 5

Posted June 11, 2014
I graduated from East High School back in 2007. I am now a graduate from the Rochester Institute of Technology and i owe it all to East High School's Academy of Information Technology. The AOIT at East High School helped prepare me for college by providing me with a great introduction to technology (computer programming, computer hardware and software, animation, game development, and much more). I love the AOIT program at East. The teachers are amazing and very dedicated to their students. Even to this day, I keep in contact with my AOIT teachers.

Posted May 07, 2010
I think that the school has majorly gone down hill. Its seems like the kids control that school.

East High School 5

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted April 10, 2009

Posted March 13, 2009
East High has many great programs going for it. Unfortunately some stuents do not take advantage of them. I will be the first to state that they have problems BUT if a student really wants to learn and make something of themselves, there is no better school. As a former counselor at East, I know that the majority of students that attend really want to learn. Also many of the teachers are the most caring individuals that you will ever know. I still keep in contact with many of my former students, some that graduated nearly 20 years ago. As the saying goes 'EAST HAS IT ALL'.

Posted March 01, 2009
I think that east high school is a great school. It seem that we only get recognized for the bad things that we do and not the good thing or our good programs I mean, yes our school does go threw it but so does every other school. We had one incident and know our school is like in the top 10 of bad school. It Seems as though city schools are the main schools put into the news...what about the schools in the suburbs...what are they perfect or are there schools paying the media so people wont know. I truley do think east is a great school... we have great teachers and great programs..but soon we may not even have great programs if city schools keep getting our programs cut.

Posted February 18, 2009

East High School 0

Posted February 03, 2009
Loved east high when my daughter went there. Can't say enough good things about the school and teachers. Biggest asset that east high has is mr. Vega. What an amazing man to help children like he does. He is still a big part of my daughter life today 3 yrs after graduating in 2006. Anyone that says city schools don't do enough for the kids they don't know what their talking about. Great job east. Thanks for getting my daughter full tuition to keuka!!! she is on deans list for the third year in a row.

Posted December 21, 2008

Posted November 21, 2008
I am a senior at East High School and I used to love this school. I would look forward to coming into the building every day, but recently, I have not been quite as excited to go to school for fear of my safety. Since the new policy with no out of school suspension, all of the most misbehaved children are left in school. They roam the halls and make it nearly impossible to learn. When the school was on lockdown, I was not surprised that this could happen. A gun in my school didn't even faze me. It is pathetic that students should worry about being killed in their school. This school has gone downhill. I would think twice before sending a child to this school in the future.

East High School
1801 E Main St, Rochester, NY  14609
Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top