Posted October 28, 2012
I think Monroe has some good students. Otherwise, the students would not recognize that bad students make bad schools and good students make good schools. I've graduated but that was how it was when I went to Monroe. The more good students, the better the school.

James Monroe High School 4

Posted September 18, 2012
i attenended monroe and graduated from monroe(2012). I would say that monroes staff ecspecially the teachers and admin. that i have encountered have been very supportive and caring to me . i believe that as a student it is up to us to show that we are commited to being there and the teachers respond to that and will do more for you because it show that you are not wasting their time monroe is improving as a whole so be supportive of the movement . besides this the proble if any is the student to student relationship and cutural bariers among students. that is the real issue that should be disscused. shout out to ms. muddle, ms. hanes, ms. richmond, mr. van orm. in my opinion these are some of the best teachers in the district

James Monroe High School 1

Posted March 02, 2012
I'm a 12th grade student at Monroe Highschool, I would like to say the teachers care more about there pay-check then the students passing. As well with that the students disturb the class in anyway they can. I believe that the Greece School District is better then Rochester City School District!

James Monroe High School 1

Posted April 06, 2011
i go to monroe and it's not a bad school but there not the best teacher's do not be there for the kids most one's iknow

James Monroe High School 4

Posted October 07, 2009
I am a Teacher at Monroe Highschool, and I would like to thank you for caring enough to rate this school. I rate this school above average Among the City schools of Rochester. Monroe High is improving, I care about the school, and know many other teachers who care, in fact I would argue the MAJORITY. This can be a very demanding and thankless job, and we need more students and parents to get involved in the educational process. This year has shown many improvements already and the atmosphere in the school has changed greatly in the past four years. I love working here, and know many teachers who would rather work here than any other school in rochester. If you would like to get involved see any of the teachers to start a club, or ask the principal, we need more involved students and parents.

Posted February 06, 2009
i am a student at this school and i find that the majority of the teachers care more about a paycheck then your students education. To many rules gives no freedom. Not many clubs except sports and drama. I wouldn't rate this school very high.

James Monroe High School 3

Posted August 26, 2008

James Monroe High School 3

Posted August 27, 2005

Posted July 17, 2004
My sons experience at this school was very bad. They did not support my sons, educationally or socially. I had to involve other organizations just to get help for my sons. Now that is sad, needless to say they went one year and no longer going to this school.

James Monroe High School
164 Alexander St, Rochester, NY  14607
Last modified James Monroe High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Monroe High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top