Rochester, NY

Posted August 17, 2014
School 12 James PB Duffy is the best school my child ever attended!! Great teachers and very great teaching techniques!!

Posted September 16, 2013
The parent involvement is very strong here. The principal is quick to responsive to questions. Good teachers overall. A few who have been excellent.

Posted March 23, 2013
All three of our children have attended School 12. This website currently lists the school as a "2" based on two former students who left the school early. I'm sorry to hear of their experiences. My children have thrived at the school due to the excellent teaching staff and administration. There is a strong neighborhood contingent of kids that makes this a neighborhood school. The school music band is the best (elementary) in the city, the Hola program (dual language) has been a wonderful way for my children to learn Spanish, the huge volunteer program supports many efforts including one-on-one tutoring, and the strong and well funded PTA supports many after school programs including Friday night roller skating. My wife and I strongly recommend this school.

School 12 James P B Duffy 2

Posted September 06, 2011
I am a 15 year old ex student who has moved on to School of The Arts. This school without a doubt was one of the toughest experiences ever. I was bullied ALL throughout my time there (6 years) and teachers weren't very involved in the social aspect of what kids were doing. When i was still attending, no one realized how pre-maturely us kids have been growing up and i know that i'm not the only one who was bullied and had a tough time there. Otherwise the teachers were nice to me, and it made me the strong girl i am today so i don't regret the social "strengthening" i guess you could call it in a nice way. I absolutely still would not recommend this school.

School 12 James P B Duffy 1

Posted March 08, 2011
im an EX student of school number 12. i moved in 2nd gread but with my experince with this school i hate it. when i attened the teachers did nothing to help. i was failing horribaly and they still passed meh! i dont know how it is now but my experince was enough!

Posted November 25, 2008

School 12 James P B Duffy 1

Posted May 06, 2008

Posted February 02, 2008
School 12 is a very good school. I recommend to anyone looking for a friendly environment, filled with opportunity, and acceptance to races of any kind.

Posted August 01, 2006
I would definitely recommend this school as one of the best in the city. It offers so many opportunities for students and parents. I would particularly like to recommend the Hola program, in which students study in both English and Spanish. I've been pleased with the cultural diversity and opportunities for parents to volunteer. The school band plays at the Lilac Festival every year. The art teachers go out of their way to display student work: a spring art show, participation in the school district art show, and collaboration with the community to publish work. The school is located on Highland Park, across from Highland Hospital. The public library and the city recreation center are annexed to the school building. There is a large playground and fields behind the school. The day care center next to the school has a wrap-around program. I love the neighborhood!

Posted August 20, 2005
I'm a deaf parent of my hearing son. This school has gone above and beyond to obtain interpreters for me for parent-teacher conferences, or parent group nights. The teachers that my son had were wonderful in putting up with trying to get an interpreters and catering to my son's needs during classes. They work absolutely hard to make sure that my son is getting the challenges he needs to have, rather than slacking away. Just one thing that I truly feel alone is there's no support from other parents who are hearing. If they could just open their eyes and talk with me, they would find I have a lot in common with them! The school is great in all other areas!

School 12 James P B Duffy
999 South Ave, Rochester, NY  14620
Last modified School 12 James P B Duffy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 12 James P B Duffy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top