Rochester, NY

Posted April 09, 2015
Love love love everything about this school. Great teachers. Great Pta. Great principal. All around great. My kid comes home super happy every single day.

Posted April 08, 2015
The dual language HOLA program provides amazing enrichment. Depending on interest and ability children can become quite fluent in Spanish. The Spanish speakers also quickly gain English fluency. The community of parents and volunteers enables extra supports. The school is working hard at providing differentiated instruction for all.

Posted April 07, 2015
School 12 has been fantastic! Our daughter is in first grade and her teachers have gone above and beyond to make sure her needs have been met. The HOLA program is wonderful and has enhanced our daughter's education in so many ways.

Posted August 17, 2014
School 12 James PB Duffy is the best school my child ever attended!! Great teachers and very great teaching techniques!!

Posted September 16, 2013
The parent involvement is very strong here. The principal is quick to responsive to questions. Good teachers overall. A few who have been excellent.

Posted March 23, 2013
All three of our children have attended School 12. This website currently lists the school as a "2" based on two former students who left the school early. I'm sorry to hear of their experiences. My children have thrived at the school due to the excellent teaching staff and administration. There is a strong neighborhood contingent of kids that makes this a neighborhood school. The school music band is the best (elementary) in the city, the Hola program (dual language) has been a wonderful way for my children to learn Spanish, the huge volunteer program supports many efforts including one-on-one tutoring, and the strong and well funded PTA supports many after school programs including Friday night roller skating. My wife and I strongly recommend this school.

Posted September 02, 2012
I am a ex student from the 1980 yrs like around 1981 or 1982.My experiences with this school a rememorable. I love the teachers and the school itself. I had great friends and the work was fun and was fun to learn.

School 12 James P B Duffy 2

Posted September 06, 2011
I am a 15 year old ex student who has moved on to School of The Arts. This school without a doubt was one of the toughest experiences ever. I was bullied ALL throughout my time there (6 years) and teachers weren't very involved in the social aspect of what kids were doing. When i was still attending, no one realized how pre-maturely us kids have been growing up and i know that i'm not the only one who was bullied and had a tough time there. Otherwise the teachers were nice to me, and it made me the strong girl i am today so i don't regret the social "strengthening" i guess you could call it in a nice way. I absolutely still would not recommend this school.

School 12 James P B Duffy 1

Posted March 08, 2011
im an EX student of school number 12. i moved in 2nd gread but with my experince with this school i hate it. when i attened the teachers did nothing to help. i was failing horribaly and they still passed meh! i dont know how it is now but my experince was enough!

Posted February 02, 2008
School 12 is a very good school. I recommend to anyone looking for a friendly environment, filled with opportunity, and acceptance to races of any kind.

School 12 James P B Duffy
999 South Ave, Rochester, NY  14620
Last modified School 12 James P B Duffy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 12 James P B Duffy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top