Posted April 26, 2010

Posted April 25, 2010
The teachers and administrators spend a lot of time nurturing these children, working with them on social skills as well as the core subjects. They teach respect by modeling respect and demonstrating that they value what students and parents have to say.

School 42 Abelard Reynolds 0

Posted January 09, 2009
School 42, in accordance with the suspect motivations of the entire Rochester City School District, does not provide adequate programs for developing the minds of children who show exceptional abilities. My son is functioning 4 grade levels higher than his age group, and for our efforts at encouraging him to excel, we get no special programs and illiterate slang from his mouth when he gets home.

Posted September 19, 2008

School 42 Abelard Reynolds 2

Posted August 11, 2007

Posted August 22, 2006
- a former student
I My self went to 42 and if it wasn't for the teachers and Mr.Derose plus Mr.Birthwright I would not be the way I am today that school and its teachers showed me that u can have fun while learning and that every problem is not settled by fighting so all I have to say is Thank you

School 42 Abelard Reynolds 3

Posted March 28, 2006
While many of the teachers are well meaning, I think kids who are able to get by (but who would really excell with additional instruction) are ignored for the students who are struggling in many areas. Many of the teachers also lack appropriate classroom management and disciplinary styles. While the school seems to have adopted the PBIS (Postitive Behavior and Instructional Support)Program, it has fizzled out or is no longer enforced. I would like to see improvement.

School 42 Abelard Reynolds 4

Posted February 24, 2005
This is my kids' first year in the Rochester City School District, and so far it has been a wonderful experience for them. My daughter is exceeding her level in all subjects, and my son is learning fast as well. However, I would like to see more parties and rewards for the students, but I know the city schools are on a tight budget. Overall, my children are learning and are happy, so I think school #42 is great for them.

Posted August 24, 2004
I have two boys in this school and I think it is a fantastic school. Mr. DeRose (principal) is a very caring man and treats all the kids as if they were his own. He works very hard with the kids and parents for the betterment of the kids. Every teacher my boys have had has been excellent they put the kids first. If a child has a problem, they go out of their way to work with that child and his/her parents. I feel very comfortable with my kids there. They provide a safe and nurturing environment.

School 42 Abelard Reynolds 1

Posted August 18, 2004
My children went to 42 back when Preston McCloud was the principal, he was great he showed a lot of interest in the children and parents. When Rick Derose started there it down hill! No parent involvement always hiding in the office just horrible. No backbone. Only the teachers saved that school. Amy Barrett, Mrs. Sanchez, Mrs. Cordova, Sabrina Nudo an Aixa Dejesus who is the only remaining teacher still there. I thank god for the urban suburban program so my kids didn't have to attend their home school, my only other choice would to be home school. The best thing 42 had was the PAL program, and of course that's gone! Good Luck to the other parents I hope they have a better expierence. Stacy Freer

School 42 Abelard Reynolds
3330 Lake Avenue, Rochester, NY  14612
Last modified School 42 Abelard Reynolds is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 42 Abelard Reynolds Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top