Rochester, NY

Posted April 30, 2015
Teachers at the WOIS share a common belief in best practice for children. They are committed to the Expeditionary Learning Model and have high expectations for all learners. My two children love it here. Students with special needs do well with all the project based learning and are embraced by their peers here. The staff -from administration, custodians, cafeteria workers, parent volunteers, the parent liason, and teachers are all so supportive and so friendly. "We are Crew" is not just a motto but a truth at the WOIS. Any child or parent who spends time here will see that this is a special place because of the habits of the heart and mind.

Posted April 07, 2015
An amazing expeditionary learning environment commited to students learning through interactions with their cultural and historical environment.

School 58 World Of Inquiry School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
I am a parent that was interested in school 58 and attended the "open" house for my daughter to be in the lottery for 7th grade. They pulled all the children and took them in a separate room. At the time I thought nothing. According to my daughter they told the children that if they didnt want to be at the school to go back in the room and tell their parents they do not want to be at the school. This was not welcoming at all. If felt "cultish" and as far as diversity, the teachers and staff present were all caucasian except for about one or two people. The feeling I had was that of desparation by the school to only get the "good" kids. I would never have my daughter attend school 58. I have taught her better in life. I am not bitter for her not getting in. By the grace of God and her talent she was accepted into the School of the Arts.

Posted April 17, 2013
We love this school and can't imagine sending our kids somewhere else - so happy that we stayed in the RCSD; we would never leave the City of Rochester with WOIS #58 being our school.

Posted December 14, 2012
Im a student at this school and its just awesome.The teachers here really care about the kids being successful and having an education.Its a great oppurtunity to be here.

Posted November 12, 2010
My children are getting an excellent education and LOVE going to school!

Posted November 12, 2010
World of Inquiry is a prime example of a high performing urban school and having quality school choices is an important key to building a livable community. We are very happy with our decision to send our children to World of Inquiry.

Posted November 11, 2010
The teachers care about the students. It it very diverse and has a family atmosphere

Posted November 10, 2010
truly an inspirational place for a child to learn and grow!

Posted November 10, 2010
Great school, dedicated teachers and parents!

950 Norton Street, Rochester, NY  14621
Last modified School 58 World Of Inquiry School is a Public school that serves grades K-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 58 World Of Inquiry School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top