School 58 World Of Inquiry School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
I am a parent that was interested in school 58 and attended the "open" house for my daughter to be in the lottery for 7th grade. They pulled all the children and took them in a separate room. At the time I thought nothing. According to my daughter they told the children that if they didnt want to be at the school to go back in the room and tell their parents they do not want to be at the school. This was not welcoming at all. If felt "cultish" and as far as diversity, the teachers and staff present were all caucasian except for about one or two people. The feeling I had was that of desparation by the school to only get the "good" kids. I would never have my daughter attend school 58. I have taught her better in life. I am not bitter for her not getting in. By the grace of God and her talent she was accepted into the School of the Arts.

Posted April 17, 2013
We love this school and can't imagine sending our kids somewhere else - so happy that we stayed in the RCSD; we would never leave the City of Rochester with WOIS #58 being our school.

Posted November 12, 2010
My children are getting an excellent education and LOVE going to school!

Posted November 12, 2010
World of Inquiry is a prime example of a high performing urban school and having quality school choices is an important key to building a livable community. We are very happy with our decision to send our children to World of Inquiry.

Posted November 11, 2010
The teachers care about the students. It it very diverse and has a family atmosphere

Posted November 10, 2010
truly an inspirational place for a child to learn and grow!

Posted November 10, 2010
Great school, dedicated teachers and parents!

Posted November 09, 2010
School #58 has been like our second family for over 10 years. We feel at home whenever we step into the building. The PTO keeps our school connected by having an array of social activities which are fun for the whole family (annual picnic, movie nights, potluck dinners, snow party, workshops, etc.). The school secretaries are friendly and efficient. The custodial staff keep our building and grounds clean and tidy. The administrators and teachers are top-notch, innovative educators and it is evident by the Expeditionary Learning Exhibit, which are done in the Fall and Spring. They participate in Outward Bounds twice a year and the students go hiking, fishing, kayaking and canoeing which helps to build team spirit. The school has Parent/Teacher Conferences which are student led. There are an array of extracurricular activities for students to participate in like the Step Team, poetry club, band, choir, basketball, soccer and the outdoor club. Every Wednesday, the school has a morning meeting. These meetings are student led. Each week, they have the number of the week, a song, a dance to perform and their own radio station: WGYB (We Got Your Back). We are happy to be a part of WOIS #58 and recommend the school to everyone. There school motto is: We are Crew Members not Passengers.

Posted November 09, 2010
The parent-liaison is phenomenal, so the parents and children are well advocated for, thus allowing a great partnership to ensure the success of the students.

Posted November 09, 2010
The World of Inquiry School#58 has been a blessing for my 2 children and family. The principal, teachers, and staff are first class & very skilled/supportive. Both my children have excelled in the expeditionary learning (ELA) environment and have become leaders/role models. Attending the World of Inquiry school#58 will lead them both to successful futures in whatever they choose to do.

School 58 World Of Inquiry School
950 Norton Street, Rochester, NY  14621
Last modified School 58 World Of Inquiry School is a Public school that serves grades K-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 58 World Of Inquiry School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top