Bad
Good

Me, being here since kindergarten, can say this is the best school I could ever ask for. The teachers WANT you to succeed, they strive to make you better. They show you the importance of learning, education, and social skills. Being apart of this community of love and life has made me want to make a change. I love everyone here so much and if your children get here, I GUARANTEE they will too. :)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

NO TOLERANCE FOR BULLYING. We hold peace circles to deal with conflicts and have the kindest staff to help us through difficulties.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Teachers stay after school to help kids, have college students from other schools help all students K-12. We have tutoring on certain days and are ALWAYS given the chance to do better or make corrections. Just ask for help, even if you don't, they will help you anyways :)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Our Griffin Values!! These are 5 terms we are expected to act out each day. Tenacity, Compassion, Integrity, Inquiry and Self-Discipline. They teach us how to control feelings effectively and explain what we are feeling through these terms. Being an expatitionary learning school, we also follow the design principles. We also recite a pledge each morning to be a model citizen.

Teachers at the WOIS share a common belief in best practice for children. They are committed to the Expeditionary Learning Model and have high expectations for all learners. My two children love it here. Students with special needs do well with all the project based learning and are embraced by their peers here. The staff -from administration, custodians, cafeteria workers, parent volunteers, the parent liason, and teachers are all so supportive and so friendly. "We are Crew" is not just a motto but a truth at the WOIS. Any child or parent who spends time here will see that this is a special place because of the habits of the heart and mind.

An amazing expeditionary learning environment commited to students learning through interactions with their cultural and historical environment.

I am a parent that was interested in school 58 and attended the "open" house for my daughter to be in the lottery for 7th grade. They pulled all the children and took them in a separate room. At the time I thought nothing. According to my daughter they told the children that if they didnt want to be at the school to go back in the room and tell their parents they do not want to be at the school. This was not welcoming at all. If felt "cultish" and as far as diversity, the teachers and staff present were all caucasian except for about one or two people. The feeling I had was that of desparation by the school to only get the "good" kids. I would never have my daughter attend school 58. I have taught her better in life. I am not bitter for her not getting in. By the grace of God and her talent she was accepted into the School of the Arts.

We love this school and can't imagine sending our kids somewhere else - so happy that we stayed in the RCSD; we would never leave the City of Rochester with WOIS #58 being our school.

Im a student at this school and its just awesome.The teachers here really care about the kids being successful and having an education.Its a great oppurtunity to be here.

My children are getting an excellent education and LOVE going to school!

Last modified School 58 World Of Inquiry School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.