Rochester, NY

School 28 Henry Hudson 1

Posted August 15, 2013
School 28 is a poorly run building. The atmosphere in the building is cold. The office staff ignores you initially when you enter, they are usually talking or eating. I have left messages for my child's teacher several times and the office has not communicated the information to the teacher. The school has not followed through on my request for special education services for my child. The principal tells me she is working on it, however I am still waiting. When I go up to the school she avoids me. My daughter is in gifted, however she needs support to finish her work. The principal tells me she should consider going to another school. I don't want to keep moving my children from school to school.

School 28 Henry Hudson 5

Posted September 12, 2009

School 28 Henry Hudson 3

Posted November 07, 2004
I have two children currently enrolled at Henry Hudson School 28. My experiences to date have been mixed. The principal is a wonderful leader who has hope and vision for this school. He has met with some resistence from staff who are afraid of change, but I too am hopeful that they will come around when they see the possitive effects in the children. Most teachers at the school are very effective in teaching. Most are friendly, encouraging, helpful, and will go the extra mile to ensure each child receives an enriched, quality education. While others seem to be there for the paycheck and cannot wait for the 3:20 bell to ring. Most classrooms are well structured, welcoming, and encourage parental involvement. While others are disorganized, cold, and the children moan just before entering. These teachers shy away from the parents and their communication skills are lacking.

School 28 Henry Hudson 3

Posted February 06, 2004

School 28 Henry Hudson
450 Humboldt Street, Rochester, NY  14610
Last modified School 28 Henry Hudson is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 28 Henry Hudson Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top