7-12|Private

Bad
Good

An incredible education and a circle of support and friendship unlike any other. World class athletics (Abby Wambach!), facilities and opportunities galore!

Superb Education. Unequaled Teachers and Athletic Coaches, especially Basketball and Soccer. Mercy prepares your child for success.

My daughter has just started her 2nd year at Mercy. I thought we would never send our children to a private school. When the public school began failing in their responsibility we looked at other possibilities.Our family has never looked back since her first day at Mercy. It is a truly remarkable school. Everyone is treated with respect which leads to such an awesome learning environment .

I am a graduate of Mercy. The students there are truly amazing and I have made life long friends with many of my classmates. Many of the teachers are also so great. They were supportive and kind, but others I think I could have done better without. The administration for the most part was pretty good, but did not know how to handle certain situations very well. Some of the classes were helpful in preparing me for college courses, but it would have been nice to have a little more help in the application process. But overall, I wouldn't trade my education there for anything and I would recommend it to future students.

I am a graduate of Mercy, one to the best things my parents could have done for me. I came in at 10th grade with hesitation that it would be hard to adjust and make friends. I was so wrong, today 21 years later I am still friends with all of them and keep in contact. I came to my reunion last year and hadn't seen some of them for over 15 years but it was just like yesterday we had lunch. Teachers are amazing! My daughter is now there and loves everything. She has some of the same teachers as I had, for some to say some of these teachers are not as qualified as others is a mistake. All the teachers are qualified and go out of their way to adjust their lessons to what is necessary depending on students individuality and understanding. The only complaint I have is that the girls wear the uniform so sloppy. I wish that they would realize how important it is and that they are representing one of the best schools in Monroe County. I tell my daughter it is a privledge to go to this school not a right. Upon graduation, I had several college acceptances and scholarships. Mercy was #1 when it came to the college process. Thank you Mercy for all the memories and education.

My daughter goes to this school and I can honestly tell you this school is fantastic. I have two other children who have gone to public school and there is no comparison between the two. I would highly recommend this school to any young lady that is looking to become the best she can be.

Your experience at Mercy will depend upon whether you are a 'legacy' and WHO you are. Financial assistance is extended to almost everyone upon enrolling, but after a few years, only those who are 'connected' receive mysterious scholarships, honors, internships, etc. If you are a 'nobody', your tuition will double in time, and your scholastic record will be manipulated to fall under those who are 'important'. Many impressive after school programs are reserved solely for those who have the right pedigree. If you are an 'insider', Mercy will be a wonderful world for you. If not, you are better off at another school.

What we're getting for the money is inferior to what the public school in our district offers. Teachers in particular are below average and the emphasis is on religion and sports, not academics. My daughter is an excellent student who has needed some support from the staff on occasion. The staff for the most part did not return calls and the guidance counselors were worthless. For the most part I feel as if the staff believes they are doing me a favor by having my daughter there. I have no intention of sending our other daughter to MercyHS.

Mercy is so much more than just a school-it's a community. I have had the opportunity to get to know all of my classmates; I am so glad that I have been able to share high school with all of them. All of the students at Mercy come to the aid of others. In the 2008-2009 school year, my classmates faced many struggles. Our class worked together to comfort those girls and let them know that we would always be there for them. Mercy teaches us to be strong, independent women who can make a difference.

My daughter went from a public school to Mercy and she loves it. im very satisfied

Last modified Our Lady Of Mercy High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12