Rochester, NY

Posted January 03, 2011
The school is really nothing like the dec. 16 description below. That person must have been thinking of a school with a similar name in a different area. Hillel is truly a pluralistic school where Jews of all affiliations and interfaith families feel comfortable. The approach to learning is quite modern and there aren't many issues that other children encounter in the public schools, such a bullying, drugs, violence, etc. Hillel Community Day School is a warm, stimulating environment and a wonderful school that nurtures your child's creativity and a place where they will thrive.

Posted September 29, 2009
My child loves going to school each day because of the Jewish and secular learning and the warm, nurturing Jewish atmosphere. If you want your child to learn about their Jewish Heritage and to be proud to be Jewish, this is the place! If you want your child to get an excellent education in the basics -- reading, writing, social studies, science and math -- AND to learn Hebrew, Torah, Jewish History and all about Israel, this is the place!!! What an enriched curriculum! The small size of the classes allows the teachers to customize learning to the child. When my older kids transitioned from Hillel to other schools they were immediately placed in advanced classes and I know that Hillel prepared them well.

Posted September 27, 2009
It's like one big family. Everyone knows the kids by name, and the school nurse is amazing. I wish they had a high school too!!

Posted September 25, 2009
My kids love going to school everyday at Hillel, and I love the small class size, the caring and nurturing atmosphere , and the feeling that we belong to a warm extended family.

Posted September 25, 2009
We sent our oldest daughter to Hillel mostly because she missed the public school age cutoff for kindergarten, but the quality of education and the warmth and friendliness of the faculty, staff and parents have been so overwhelming that she's still there in 2nd grade, and now so is her sister! Talented teachers, a strong sense of community and small class sizes make Hillel stand out even amongst the nationally recognized public schools in the area.

Posted September 21, 2009
This school is fantastic! Small class size, individual attention to each student and lots of activities for parents and students. Fabulous!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love that my son loves the school! It feels like a family.

Posted September 16, 2009
Hillel provides a warm loving environment that makes my children motivated to LEARN! Gives my children a big lead in competition in life vs. the education they'll get at public schools.

Posted April 24, 2008
Hillel Community Day School has been such a positive experience for my daughter. Our family was first attracted to Hillel a few years ago because of the outstanding secular & Judaic education, family atomosphere and community spirit. We planned on only staying for Kindergarten but we fell in love with the school almost immediately and have continued to be part of it for the last 4 years. We were worried about long term financial affordability but with the Financial Aid they offered and volunteer opportunities, it has continued to be an affordable and great investment in my child's education & future.

Hillel Community Day School
191 Fairfield Drive, Rochester, NY  14620
Last modified Hillel Community Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Hillel Community Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top