Rochester, NY

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 25, 2015
It seems as though each teacher makes it his/her mission for each student to succeed. I have been impressed with the communication throughout the school year regarding positive and negative behaviors, concerns, etc.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 25, 2015
Our son is currently in kindergarten and does receive homework on a regular basis. It usually focuses on math and/or writing and reading-all skills that are strongly needed to succeed in today's educational and practical world! The work sent home is appropriate practice to reinforce what was learned that day.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2015
With a Christ-centered focus in all areas of learning, Rochester Christian School makes it a point to address all areas of what is taught in the Bible. These attributes are only a few of what is addressed each day through the lessons taught.

Posted May 25, 2015
My husband and I never have anything but extremely positive things to say about Rochester Christian School. We wanted a more family-like and nurturing environment for our son, and we couldn't be happier! The class sizes are smaller than in surrounding public schools, and the attention and focus each teacher is able to give to each student is clearly noticeable. The faculty and staff are open and friendly and we have felt welcomed into the school family since the first Open House we attended. Our son is in kindergarten, and we are amazed at the skills he has acquired this year! Tuition is more than reasonable, and due to this and all other experiences, we will be sending on 3 year old to the preschool program next year!

Posted January 14, 2013
Wonderful shool - my daughter and I are both very happy with Rochester Christian! Classes are small enough that kids get a lot of attention. Great education - I'm always amazed at everything my daughter is learning, and she is only in 1st grade! The teachers really care about the students. Very nurturing Christian environment. The leadership is purposeful about not only setting a godly example but also encouraging the kids to grow in their faith. As a parent I always feel welcome and wanted whenever and however I am able to participate in my daughter's educational experience. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted January 13, 2013
We enrolled our oldest child in RCS preschool and have had our children there ever since - 10 years in all. It is a nice school, small in size with a dedicated staff and the parents are very involved. The students have been involved in several school wide service projects and my children have had a rewarding experience each time. We are very happy with the Christian environment, the strong academics and the recent upgrades to the campus.

Posted January 12, 2013
Having transitioned from homeschooling into "school" life at Rochester Christian School, I am thankful for the immediate rewards our family has reaped by placing our children here! The smaller, family atmosphere of the student body and faculty appeal to us because we feel we have access to our children and to the Staff. We were welcomed by numerous parents who have never met us before when we arrived mid-year, and I know my children are receiving from teachers who share our values. I give Rochester Christian School 5 stars!

Posted January 12, 2013
Great School! We have been here for 5 1/2 years and have found the school to be a huge blessing. Our kids participate in sports (soccer and track) and unlike another reviewer, the teams our son has been on the past couple of years (middle school) have been 12-25 kids. Our son has played in every game and ran track in his preferred event. Our daughter sings with the worship team and the music and art programs are phenomenal. If you are looking for excellent academic standards, quality sports and music programs, and a school where you as a parent can be involved in the day to day activities of the school, you NEED to check out RCS!

Posted January 12, 2013
We have had 4 children at RCS & we have LOVED the school! It is truly the best school around, and it has been around for 95 years so they know what they are doing. The sports program has been wondering for our children because anyone can play which is not the case in public school. They have wonderful coaches who love the Lord, and they play for the Glory of God, not to win all the time. Our children have had the best opportunities at RCS because it is a small environment. We would thoroughly recommend this school to any prospective parent who wants a Christ centered environment for their children, prek-8!

Posted January 12, 2013
Our family has been a part of Rochester Christian School for the past 10 years. We have found it to be academically and spiritually excellent. All three of my boys have attended there. The parents are certified teachers and many of them have their masters. The teachers care about their students and encourage parent involvement in the classroom. We have found it to be spiritually and academically an incredible place for our children to learn. It is the only elementary school in New York State that is accredited by Christian Schools International and Middle States. We highly recommend this school to everyone.

260 Embury Road, Rochester, NY  14625
Last modified Rochester Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Rochester Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top