Posted January 14, 2013
Wonderful shool - my daughter and I are both very happy with Rochester Christian! Classes are small enough that kids get a lot of attention. Great education - I'm always amazed at everything my daughter is learning, and she is only in 1st grade! The teachers really care about the students. Very nurturing Christian environment. The leadership is purposeful about not only setting a godly example but also encouraging the kids to grow in their faith. As a parent I always feel welcome and wanted whenever and however I am able to participate in my daughter's educational experience. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted January 13, 2013
We enrolled our oldest child in RCS preschool and have had our children there ever since - 10 years in all. It is a nice school, small in size with a dedicated staff and the parents are very involved. The students have been involved in several school wide service projects and my children have had a rewarding experience each time. We are very happy with the Christian environment, the strong academics and the recent upgrades to the campus.

Posted January 12, 2013
Having transitioned from homeschooling into "school" life at Rochester Christian School, I am thankful for the immediate rewards our family has reaped by placing our children here! The smaller, family atmosphere of the student body and faculty appeal to us because we feel we have access to our children and to the Staff. We were welcomed by numerous parents who have never met us before when we arrived mid-year, and I know my children are receiving from teachers who share our values. I give Rochester Christian School 5 stars!

Posted January 12, 2013
Great School! We have been here for 5 1/2 years and have found the school to be a huge blessing. Our kids participate in sports (soccer and track) and unlike another reviewer, the teams our son has been on the past couple of years (middle school) have been 12-25 kids. Our son has played in every game and ran track in his preferred event. Our daughter sings with the worship team and the music and art programs are phenomenal. If you are looking for excellent academic standards, quality sports and music programs, and a school where you as a parent can be involved in the day to day activities of the school, you NEED to check out RCS!

Posted January 12, 2013
We have had 4 children at RCS & we have LOVED the school! It is truly the best school around, and it has been around for 95 years so they know what they are doing. The sports program has been wondering for our children because anyone can play which is not the case in public school. They have wonderful coaches who love the Lord, and they play for the Glory of God, not to win all the time. Our children have had the best opportunities at RCS because it is a small environment. We would thoroughly recommend this school to any prospective parent who wants a Christ centered environment for their children, prek-8!

Posted January 12, 2013
Our family has been a part of Rochester Christian School for the past 10 years. We have found it to be academically and spiritually excellent. All three of my boys have attended there. The parents are certified teachers and many of them have their masters. The teachers care about their students and encourage parent involvement in the classroom. We have found it to be spiritually and academically an incredible place for our children to learn. It is the only elementary school in New York State that is accredited by Christian Schools International and Middle States. We highly recommend this school to everyone.

Posted January 12, 2013
My daughters came to RCS after their former school closed unexpectedly. We were nervous about making a change since we loved our old school, but I can gratefully say now, that it was a blessing in disguise. The education they are recieving at RCS is the best there is, in my opinion. The staff is dedicated to their profession, excellence in academics, and their role as mentors for Christ. RCS has a perfect balance of shelter from worldly influence and reality. There is a wonderful mix of races, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds amongst the students, as well as many different churches represented. We feel safe in the knowledge that the administration is dedicated to only one thing - education, and not church building funds or answering to any church board. Parents are very involved in the school environment. Discipline is fair, swift, and appropriate. Most importantly, our children feel safe and are happy. They are thriving, making meaningful friendships, and we are absolutely certain there is no better school in Rochester for us.

Posted January 12, 2013
We came to RCS when our son was in 2nd grade and public school was failing him. We wanted smaller class sizes and a more individual educational experience. We ended up with so much more. Our son is in 7th grade now, and our daughter is in 4th. We can't say enough good things about our experience here.

Posted January 12, 2013
We have 3 children at RCS and we are extremely happy with the academics but more importantly the spiritual component is what we appreciate. We love the concept of the kids serving God with their "head, heart & hands" and doing cool service projects like raising money for clean water in Uganda and filling socks for the Open Door mission.

Rochester Christian School 2

Posted July 29, 2012
When I sent my kid here, it was nice. He made friends and enjoyed school. Then when he got in Middle School, there was at least 10 minutes or less homework which is not what the public schools were giving. The sports program is terrible. There is 6 to about 8 kids on most of the teams since the school is so small and there is only 4 other schools to play against. This school is a good school for a kid that is shy and does not advance in academics.

Rochester Christian School
260 Embury Road, Rochester, NY  14625
Last modified Rochester Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Rochester Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top