PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am a former student of Northstar (I left following the 2014-2015 school year). I had attended for 3 years prior to the last school year, and I enjoyed my time there and had a pretty good experience. Clearly something changed, because after my last school year there, it was an incredibly easy decision to leave. The academics are sub par at best, definitely inferior to those of most of the area public schools. The class sizes are very disappointing, given the fact that Northstar often advertises smaller, more individualized classes. (Most classes were around a 27:1 student:teacher ratio.) The teachers had no control over the students, and a sizable amount of class time was spent on (futile) discipline. I was actually verbally abused by one of my teachers (and I'm not by any means a misbehaved kid), who would frequently say I had no social skills and would criticize everything I wrote or did in front of the entire class. The students aren't much better, either. Basically at NCA if you don't fit the main clique's exact mold (which is basically the athletic type), you don't fit in, period. I knew other kids who had similar experiences, too. All of this may sound like one big exaggeration to anyone reading this, but seriously, it's not a good school. The other reviews that I have read on this site for Northstar are outdated, because something has changed in the school. It's not a good environment anymore, and feels more like attending a city school sometimes than attending a private Christian school. I definitely wouldn't suggest sending your kids here.

I am a teacher at Northstar and can honestly say, there is no better place to work! What a sweet and compassionate group of people I have the opportunity to work with who want nothing more than to see the students succeed. I wouldn't want to work any place else. :-)

I am a former parent of children at the elementary level. You get what you pay for with this school which is a high quality education of course with religion classes. K & 1 definitely worth it, 2& 3 we weren't totally satisfied but still great compared to the public schools and other private schools in this area. I loved being able to drop by anytime to volunteer or sit in on a class. Sometimes however the faculty & staff seemed cliquey- as we didn't attend the church affiliated with the school, we sometimes felt like outsiders. Also science was not hardcore enough for us. You can teach science while upholding the beliefs of Christianity even at the elementary level.

I'm extremely happy I decided to place my child in this school. The help I've recieved from this school is beyon anything I could ever imagine.Thank God for the comittment and dedication of the teachers and staff. I love the care my child receive.

I'm a grad from Northstar and I need to say when I was in the school I justed to get out of there but now in college I miss having those social relationships with some of the teachers..however in the past few years they have lost many of those great teachers who made learning fun and interesting there. Their discipline they do there is not constant to explain they are way to forgiving on some areas and the students know it but however in some areas they are way to harsh on them.

I thank God everyday for this school, they truley demonstrate the love of Christ. The student ratio in my sons class is 10:1 plus a teachers aide. Teachers are so kind! My kids actually get mad when I keep them home from school, and what they are learning just blows my mind. Thanks you Lord for leading us to Northstar!

I was not impressed with Northstar Christian Academy. They care more about their image than they do about he students. Christian is only in their name. Their SAT scores are horrible, and athletically they are behind newer christian schools, who have less income.

Last modified Northstar Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12