No rating

Siena Catholic Academy

Private | 7-8 | 299 students

Living in Rochester

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $147,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted May 7, 2014

My fourth child is now in this school and they all have loved it. My husband and I have also been very happy. My older children who have attended are thriving in High School now. This school lays a great foundation for them and provides them an environment where they are only with other middle schoolers and are able to express themselves and feel safe. Yes middle schoolers can be tough so there can be issues but it has been my experience that any problems that have been brought to the attention of the administration have been dealt with very quickly and appropriately. I really like that there are many opportunities to get involved, volunteer and become a part of this community.

Posted August 7, 2013

Siena has a great middle school environment. It understands the middle school student's emotions and needs. The academics are outstanding.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 28, 2013

My son attends this school and loves it! He has thrived academically and has made a great group of friends. Teachers are always accessible, and the student body itself is a great, responsible group. Only caveat is the sports program, as the current AD is somewhat incompetant. That said, it's his first year in the position, understand there's growing pains, but if you're not up to the job, don't do it! Otherwise, academically excellent, nurturing social environment, a great place to send your kids for those pivotal 2 years!

Posted October 26, 2012

This may have been a good school once, but it has gone downhill a great deal with the hiring of a new principal there 2 years ago. There's absolutely no strong leadership with kids and teachers bullying and things being stolen from one another. Never expected this from a Catholic school. Very disappointed!!!

Posted October 13, 2009

This school is amazing! i am now an 8th grader. The teachers are wonderful!

Posted February 12, 2009

Siena Catholic academy is an amazing school. i am currently an 8th grader and i am not looking forward to leaving. This is truly an amazing school and if i could, i would got to school here forever. I have made the best friends that i have ever had. This is my favorite place to be. I look forward to going to school in the morning. The teachers are great and always want to help you and see you succeed. everyone is amazingly friendly, and it is really easy to fit in. Siena is truly an amazing place to be, and it will always remain in lmy heart.

Posted January 11, 2009

Prettty nice Christian values followed by the school's administration. It was a great co-ed middle school experience for our first son. Now our younger one is there, and the older one is at McQuaid.

Posted December 10, 2008

Siena Catholic Academy is one of the best experiences of my life. I am currently an 8th grader and I have could never have felt more prepared for high school. The friends you make are good influences and I will be friends with them forever. I have matured so much in the past two years and I am so grateful to Siena for all they have done.

Posted November 28, 2008

im in 8th grade at siena and its probably one of the best schools i ever went to the people r so funny

Posted August 27, 2008

Terrible School. The are strangers around the building and the teachers are mean.

Posted March 31, 2008

I am a seventh grader at SCA.And I think SCA is one of the best schools around.The teachers help us have fun with learning.

Posted January 20, 2008

I am an 8th grade student at Siena and I think it is an amazing school

Posted November 22, 2007

I am a recent graduate of Siena Catholic Academy (Class of 2007). The teachers were excellent, the classes were relevant, and the friends you will make there are- there's no other way to say it- awesome. If I could relive my two years there, I would! This is an excellent school to send your son or daughter to.

Posted November 19, 2007

We are very, very pleased with Siena. This is the first school that has really challenged our son academically. And the culture of the school is just what he needed. He has felt welcomed and valued. They clearly instill the values they advertise.

Posted June 14, 2007

2005-2007 SCA is an outstanding Jr High School. Administration, Faculty and Staff are the most dedicated. Excellent pupil/teacher ratio. Strong moral teachings. Discipline procedures are the best. Good all round sports program with parent coaches run by CYO. Well maintained web-site, access to teachers second to none. We wish that we could remain here for the next four years. The Bianco Family.

Posted June 11, 2007

SCA is an amazing school. The teachers and staff are very friendly, and kind. They always want the best for their students. I love Siena! I'm going to miss it so much.

Posted March 4, 2007

Fourth child going there now, a great school, bridges teens from grade school to high school- academically and socially. Strong admin & teaching staff. Strong family involvement.

Posted January 2, 2005

The quality of the academic programs at SCA is very high. The teachers help each student as an individual. They do there best to remember the names of all the kids, and I think that really helps you to learn. There are many extra curricular activities availabe to the students. You can take music lessons during the day or after school. Art is a subject for 40 minunets once a week. The sports available include socceer, basketball, track and cheerleading. Also chior and band are available. Parents are very involved, they are always invited to come to masses, they help at dances and they help with service projects. I think we are a very lucky school to have such great parents who set the example of a christian attude and a christian lifestyle

Two or more races 3% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Vincent Tata
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Rochester

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2617 East Avenue