Bad
Good

I had 2 children attending uccs, one attended 5 years and the other attended 4 years. in the beginning I thought I had finally found an awesome school for my kids k-2 was great...Great communication, great expectations, and my kids loved it....once all the removing of teahers, removing of principals, and stretching staff too thinly across the board started to happen it went all the way down hill! Now the school is run and taught by staff that are truly afraid of the students.... when students go to the staff and ask for help because there are students using vulgar language, bullying, and threatening them (even when in front of their instructors) the bullied students are told to ignore it or leave the class for a little bit or move their chosen seat to another, or sometimes (speaking from experience) the bullied student is the one pulled into the office and threatened with expelsion or ats.....they would rather try to get the kids that they want to deal with to suck it up and deal with the bullying than punish the bullies or the staff that let this go on......DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD in grades 3 and up in this school!!!! The BAD KIDS RUN THIS SCHOOL NOT THE ADULTS!

Teachers r good ,I love the dojo app. So I can keep up with what and how my daughter is doing throughout the school day .

The teachers are great. Hardworking and excellent at communicating with parents. Leadership is lacking and constantly changing. Rules for students are not applied consistently from grade to grade or even class to class at the same grade level.

Staff is wonderful. The Leadership team is a hot mess. They have had 4 principals in the last 4 years. They are constantly having money issues. They don't even bother including or informing parents in any decision making. And there is a huge lack of trust between the staff and the leadership team. There are so many new charters in Rochester now - select another!

My last review was when my son was in Kindergarten. He is now in 3rd grade. I think at the elementary level this is a good school. I am continually impressed at the teachers' willingness to communicate with parents and their engagement with each individual student. When I compare UCCS to the stories of my friends with kids in the outstanding suburban school district, UCCS ranks higher in regard to parent communication and engagement. I do think the kids learn something and I think the teachers have worked very hard in successfully integrating the new Common Core curriculum. My son needs a lot of structure to succeed and behave and he gets that at UCCS. I am not sure whether the middle school has the same qualities as the elementary. I will investigate this further as we get to that time.

My son loves UCCS and has grown so much in reading and math the past two years. The teachers are always willing to meet with parents to talk about progress or issues. Everyone seems to want my son to succeed.

I do not recommend this school because the kids do not learn much...they are playing almost all day long!!! Elementary school so so and middle school bad. The Middle school teachers dont teach much at all. The CEO one day like you the next dont...do not value your work! Again I don't recommend youthis school!!! Some of the teachers are excellents others I'm not sure if they are teachers???

As a former teacher, I'm glad I got out when I did. I was treated with disrespect as I had to teach some of my enrichment classes in the hallway. I truly feel for the students, as the turnover for both administration and educators has run rampant. Teachers, administrators, and staff alike may be put on the chopping block mid-year. This school harbors a culture of fear and the students suffer for it. I do not recommend this institution.

The lack of communication and respect for staff and teachers is lacking. The positive effort and dedication we put forth is met with no appreciation and we are chided with negative feedback and criticism rather than given support, encouragement and respect.

my child has been at this school since they opened the elementary shool is EXCELLENT but the middle school is not lack of communication with the teachers no matter how many meetings you have with them and say the same things teachers have to give respect to the kids to get it i just dont see that at the middle school my child will not be there next year

Last modified Urban Choice Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.