St. Camillus School

Private | K-8 | 179 students

Living in Rockaway Park

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $518,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,290.

Sweep tile

Posted December 18, 2013

This school has done a 360 since Principal Kennedy took over. She is doing a great job and I love how she interacts with the students. Wish she was there when my son started but he will be graduating.

Posted October 22, 2013

My child has been attending this school for a number of years now. I have always felt in my heard that i would rate this school at 5 stars. To date something has happened with the school to change my feeling. As a perent i feel this school is going down hill, and it is time to hit the road sorry to say. Right now i give this school one BIG star.

Posted April 27, 2013

So far, so good. My kids started attending saint Camillus this year. It definitely is a close knit environment and you really get to know the teachers and principal. I must say that the staff is top rate and are always willing to answer any and all questions regarding your child. The Class Jump service is second to none, my wife and I use it daily to do our kids homework and monitor their projects and assignments. My son is 6 years old and LOVES IT!!! I hope all continues to go as the first eight months experience and look forward to him graduating in the future. Thank you Saint Camillus!!!

Posted October 21, 2011

When I came into this school a few years ago, I was bullied relentlessly by the children who are well known in the school. It was apparent that the teachers that I had didn't have any type of training in detecting bullying. But then again, they weren't so nice to me during my elementary days. When I moved to Junior high things became a bit better for me. I started having bonds with teachers that truly inspired me. After I graduated with honors, I took away many things from this school: strength, challenging academic endeavors and confidence. Even though I disliked the students and some of my teachers, am on my way to becoming valedictorian in high school because of them.

Posted September 7, 2010

My son went to St Camillus from 6th to 8th grade. I think this is one of the best schools. The teachers and students are very supportive and caring. They teach your children about having good morals and christian values. I am grateful to have found and send my son to this school. Jeanmarie N

Posted January 11, 2010

I must say this school is very well rounded. The principal and teachers listen and understand the students and parents! We are very happy to be a part of St. Camillus.

Posted November 7, 2009

All of my children attend St. Camillus. The teaching staff and especially the principal are always available and responsive for any concerns I have as a parent. The website for homework and classwork assignments is a great tool for our family. I am very happy with the education my children are recieving at St. Camillus.

Posted November 1, 2009

I was a student at St.Camillus But I have Recently Left. This School Is Very Good. The Teachers Are Very Nice And Understanding. I Encourage You To Send Your Childern here. It Will Be The Best Thing You Will Do. Your Children Will Learn Good Things From This School !
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 31, 2009

The teachers and staff of St. Camillus are second to none. This will be my third year with St. Camillus, my girls are going into 1st and 2nd grade. Due to the small size of the school and the classes it really is like a family. The teachers and staff take pride in getting to know your child and follow their progress as they step up to the next grade. I feel blessed that St. Camillus exists and that my children are able to attend this wonderful school.

Posted January 15, 2009

St. Camillus is a Fantastic school ,my son is in Kindergarten and his teacher is GREAT!!! The teachers, principal and Pattie (the office secretary) are wonderful. I LOVE ST. CAMILLUS

Posted December 24, 2008

I am a Student pf St. Camillus , it is a wonderful school. Next year I will sadly be graduating. I encourage you to send your children to this school. You will not be disappointed.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 25, 2008

Excellent school that offers the students a balance of a strong since of spirituality and academic rigor. It is one of the finest Catholic schools around. The principal is dedicated to the students and is willing to go the extra mile to help them acheive. I love this place, and my children love it as well.

Posted September 25, 2007

I rate this school so high because the sense of community between the students is excellent. Not only do they learn academics, but they learn to care about and respect one another. Extremely private school, medium class size, no overcrowding. Only one of each class. Excellent staff.

Posted July 29, 2005

I feel that St. Camillus School is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. The teachers instill the values of family, respect and religion in the students. Teachers are very dedicated to helping all the students as well as the families. A +++ for this school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 25, 2005

St. Camillus School is a small K-8 school that is diverse in its population and curriculum. The staff is very dedicated as well as the principal. There is a music program, computers, sports and a physical education program. st. camillus is located across the street from beautifyl rockaway Beach, which provides so much for learning.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian 5% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Asian N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Agnes White
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

185 Beach 99th St