Posted January 03, 2014
I am a 7th grade student (2013-2014) and I went for 6th grade as well (2012-2013). I was there for the Hurricane Sandy incident and we all continued to go to school anyways and worked hard as ever and the same goes for teachers and staff. This school is amazing. You will find awesome, helpful, and caring friends here. The teachers are very understanding and fair. They try their best to have their students intrigued with the lesson. If you just do your job as a hardworking student and stay friendly with everyone, you will have a great time here. The teachers and students have a sense a great sense of humor. They all work very hard and push the students to the best they can do and I've learned so much in this school. I couldn't imagine a better middle school.

Scholars Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2013
scholars academy is the best school ever. the teachers are so nice and kind, they all work hard and help the kids to achieve their goals.

Posted May 16, 2013
Scholars Academy is all about their kids. Very competitive academically, willing to work with the students and during Hurricane Sandy which was difficult for everyone staff was very sympathetic and compassionate. Principal is one of the best I've come in contact with.

Scholars Academy 3

Posted August 12, 2012
school is a fairly good, but too many take children up to 6 classes, and programs are cut

Scholars Academy 4

Posted January 10, 2012
They need to change the system of learning Spanish in 7th grade. The kids in 8th grade learn more in 2 months than the kids in 7th grade do in a year.

Scholars Academy 3

Posted December 30, 2011
Well. This school isnt the BEST its okay. I was dying to go to this school becuase I only heard good about it. Its not the best decision... If you get bulllied, you also get in trouble for doing whatsoever they think you did which is probably nothing.

Posted October 20, 2011
I am a graduate of Scholars' Academy HS and I have been going there since 7th grade. This school was amazing and I cherish all of the years I have gone there. My peers were like my family and the faculty were like my guardians. Sure, Scholars has its quirks, but what school doesn't? Scholars' provides a safe environment and the education is wonderful- if taken advantage of. I wish I could still be a part of this school and I know many of the other graduates hope for the same. Thank you Scholars' ! I will never forget the 6 years I spent there, they were the best!

Posted June 08, 2011
Go online and see this school's true rating. Go to the school website: http://schools.nyc.gov/SchoolPortals/27/Q323/default.htm and click on its statistics page and survey responses. These are anonymous surveys done by parents, teachers, and students. That gives a better idea of a school's true evaluation. There are also other reports that talk of academics. There are a few "angry" sounding reviews on this Great Schools site, which are clearly the same individual with a personal issue. Also check out videos of what takes place in the school online: http://vimeo.com/scholars/albums Judge for yourself or call the school's parent coordinator for a face to face tour.

Posted June 07, 2011
This is a great school, I'm a sixth-grader here (for 2011-2012). All the teachers are nice and help all the time. The always want you to understand and has a sense of humor. Overall, this sis a great school.

Scholars Academy 1

Posted December 18, 2010
If your child is being bullied, there is no help whatsoever. The principal, the counselor, the nurse, and the APs will blame your child for what happens to them, if such a situation is to occur. It is rare for people to be bullied in this school, but the 4-5 people that are bullied in each grade have it bad. Most of these people are on the lower end of the intelligence scale, and are bullied for that reason, but there are always one to two (usually only one) student per grade that is bullied for extreme intelligence, and that student will be tortured by the school and the students alike. If your student is extremely gifted, do not send them here, just wait it out in the school that you are in.

Scholars Academy
320 Beach 104th St, Rockaway Park, NY  11694
Last modified Scholars Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scholars Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top