Rockville Centre, NY

Posted June 10, 2014
Hewitt is a terrific school in a wonderful district. The teachers and principal are very engaged in the welfare of the children and there are many enriching programs at the school, including foreign language and music. The class size for my current kindergartener has been an issue this year, unfortunately, as we just skirted the class cap - resulting in 3 crowded classes at this grade level. My fourth grader thankfully has not had to face this issue, as his grade consistantly surpassed the cap at the grade level, keeping his class sizes at a reasonable level. Overall, Hewitt is wonderful and we love being a part of the school community.

Posted April 27, 2014
Hewitt is a wonderful, nurturing, well rounded elementary school. There are many advantages, programs and extra curricular activities that allow the school to raise the bar and maintain their level of performance. The principal of Hewitt is extremely professional, possessing the right amount of care and concern for her staff and students. As a parent, I appreciate the no nonsense attitude, this works because you have a community of parents who support these ideals and hold true to their own support and praise for the school, it's teachers and administrators. After much thought and research on which neighborhood to lay down our roots, we're very glad that we chose R.V.C. Biggest negative to Hewitt is the class size.

Hewitt School 3

Posted October 08, 2009
5th year as a parent of a Hewett student and there are pros and cons: Pros-great parent involvement, tight-knit parent connmunity, fun school events. Cons-large class size, no gifted program, confusing schedule, no seperate lunch facilities, kids have no place to play at recess on rainy days (lunch is in the gym), 4th and 5th graders are not allowed on play equipment (only school in the district that does this), principal is not a team player and doesn't partner well with parents. Given a choice I'd send my kids to Riverside.

Posted June 22, 2008

Posted November 30, 2005
You would be extremely happy to send your child to Hewitt...This is my daughter's 2nd year here and I have been more than satisfied with the level of academia...the language arts program is superb...The involvement of the staff and the method in which they guide the children through their comfort zone yet always have them striving for the next level is a credit to their abilities...I was torn between private school and sending my daughter to Hewitt when Kindergarten approached and after careful consideration I am not disappointed with my decision...I also give credit to the 6 day week whereas, for instance, the children go to physical education on days 1,3 & 5...Book Exchange through the language arts program in the library and Stellar on day 4...as well as music on days 4 and 6 and Art on day 2...It seems confusing but it is a well rounded program...

Posted August 02, 2005
My son has been in the school since Kindergarten and both he and us his parents have had a wonderful experience. Caring teachers, focus on education and a careful eye to give all students what they individually need to succeed has made for a child who loves to go to school and learn. Our only concerns is that there seems to be a growing amount of students for the capacity of this school and if allowed to continue, could hurt the quality of education our son receives.

Hewitt School 4

Posted June 17, 2004

Hewitt School
446 Hempstead Avenue, Rockville Centre, NY  11570
Last modified Hewitt School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hewitt School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top