Bad
Good

Posted October 17, 2015
My daughter is now in 2nd grade and I couldn't be more happy with our experience here. The teachers are great and the school has a very informative way of email and text messaging for events. She also has a great group of kids in her class and we made friends with several of the parents. It's nice to see parents around our age too (34-38). We have a friend in three village and the parents all have 10+ years on him.

Posted May 18, 2015
A wonderful small school with teachers that are caring and invested in teaching their children and helping them succeed

Frank J Carasiti Elementary School 1

Posted December 15, 2014
The class sizes are extremely large, which is virtually impossible to teach. The teacher spends their entire day keeping everyone in line and the classroom work is sent home to the parents to teach. I ended up teaching my child the entire 1st grade curriculum, 45 minutes to an hour a night due to this issue. The administration is new and it shows what a waste of tax money. Very thankful that we found private school and now are seeing an amazing difference both academically and socially in less than 3 months away from the circus at FJC. This school is a perfect example of the bad teachers and staff who can never be disciplined or fired thanks to their union contract.

Posted March 22, 2011
I have lived in this community for 5 years. I have 3 kids. My 9 and 10 year olds have completed their eduction at FJC over a year ago. Both did extremely well. FJC consistently scores very high on NYS exams. FJC meets the demands of the gifted kids and kids with special needs. I am completely disagree with the parent that gave FJC a one-star rating. In the short time that we have lived in this community, we have met parents with kids with all sorts of needs, and I have heard only one negative comment. The negative comment came from a parent that took very little interest in their kid's educaiton. Negative comments usually comes from parents that rely 100% on teachers to raise their Johnny or Sally and take no personal responsibility for their kid's failures. This is a young community that takes education very serioulsy---especially, early education. It is a wonderful small community without the stereotypical shortcomings of a small community. The town allocates the appropriate resources to education, music/arts, and sports.

Frank J Carasiti Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2010
Not at all impressed with their academics. My child transferred out of this school and needed to be tutored for a couple hundred hours to be ready for their new school. I was tired of reteaching my child at home. I was told my child's academic needs were not met at FJC; and that my child was not the problem (CHILD WAS INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED). Child in the course of one month is working more independently than ever, given me the parent a break. Thumbs down to FJC and the 9:45 A.M. starting time! Rocky Point School district need to get it together.

Posted April 28, 2010
I went to the schools in Rocky Point, and now my son is attending school at FJC. I cannot express how wonderful I believe this school is! My son is absolutely loving kindergarten as well as his teachers. They could not be more helpful or caring. I feel wonderful knowing that my son is learning in such a wonderful environment.

Frank J Carasiti Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
It's such a happy, fun environment for the kids & parents alike! Gets the whole family involved in the education process.

Posted May 05, 2009
Since I arrived in Rocky Point one of the things I really love is the FJC, they really work to make the best for the children. All the staff work together to get the best from each student!

Posted March 28, 2009
My son attends FJC and we are so happy with the education there! The staff is very friendly and caring. My son loves going to school each day. I am very impressed by the dedication of the staff and by the differentiation of the curriculum for students on different academic levels.

Frank J Carasiti Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2008
FJC is a very well-run school staffed for the most part by young, energetic, talented teachers. My two children were able to advance well beyond grade-level; small reading groups of students in the same class with similar ability. Similar arrangements are lacking for math, however. A very positive attitude permeates the entire school.

Frank J Carasiti Elementary School
90 Rocky Point Yaphank Road, Rocky Point, NY  11778
Last modified Frank J Carasiti Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2