Posted June 20, 2014
This school is on the right track of being a awesome school but at the the same time it sucks to move into the school because you are going to be made fun of because your different.I like the clubs and how people are making new clubs especially in band but what needs to be improved is the way the school looks because its always dirty and the lights in the school looks old and dull. A major way this school can be improved is to have a way to go outside during lunch especially in HIGH SCHOOL!!! Its so annoying to stay in school all day and work hard. Plus how are people going to be active without playing sports.Lastly i think that in certain subjects they are making some subjects too boring in a way that no one wants to learn like in algebra.If they can do something to get people motivated and making some subjects fun people would actually learn something.If i had the choice to move to another school i certainly would. -------PUGL

Rocky Point High School 3

Posted June 19, 2014
teachers have taken a better role in teaching over the years and as of now show great performance except a few. the school still has remnants of caring more about sports than education whenever they run out of funding they run a budget vote that is always passed and not used to improve the schools education in general there is great behavior at RPHS but no teachers are really encouraging for students to overachieve its more about cash in the pocket rather then knowledge /life values in the brain

Rocky Point High School 3

Posted June 17, 2013
I am a student currently at RPHS. Overall I love going to school here, plus I've learned so much!!! This coming school year I'm taking 1 AP class and 2 honors! This past your i took 2 honors. Rocky Point High School challenges you everyday, but in a way that isn't overwhelming. Although i do have to say I don't feel as if the teachers really do care about us students. On our final exams and regents most teachers encourage you to "just pass" and not to exceed to your greatest. They say "Don't worry there is a curve so no one will fail." I strongly feel they should be encouraging us to aim for a perfect score! Despite all of that, i much rather go to RPHS than MPHS or SWRHS. This is an amazing environment to enroll your children for an education

Rocky Point High School 5

Posted March 29, 2011
We are delighted in the direction the district is heading. They've done a quality job.In the wake of mass layoffs and budget cuts in MP and SWR. RP is looking strong right now.

Rocky Point High School 5

Posted January 20, 2011
Deciding on Rocky Point as a place to raise our children was no easy matter. We looked everywhere for what we felt was well balanced and the best overall quality of life for our two daughters. Our fundamental criteria s were education, recreation, cost of housing, taxes, and of course, the right fit for our two daughters. So far, our experiences with the teachers have been outstanding; they have a wonderful ability to interact with the children. My oldest looks forward to going to school, the youngest is still in Child Care. Rocky Point is actually not a small school district, but it gives you the feeling of being small and personalized, with high quality staff and great education, small class sizes, and plenty of attention to the individual. My wife and I are happy with our decision with this school district. All of these qualities described above, make this school an intelligent choice for our family.

Posted December 27, 2010
Were very happy with the new direction Dr Ring is taking the school in with a focus on AP. What I will say for the school is that there is a high level of parent/community involvement and a solid School Board in place.I really feel like RP is gainimg ground on MP and SWR and is doing it for le$$.90% Regents graduates is fairly impressive and on par with the neighbors.The one area that hurts RPHS is % of 4 year college.Many here go start out at 2 year or go into trades/family businesses.Nothing wrong with that at all.Very happy thus far.

Posted January 04, 2010
I am a former student and feel that I had a very positive experience in the Rocky Point High School. Teachers were always there to lend a hand to anyone. Every school has their 'bad' teachers, but I feel that this school has a strong faculty. They work together and care for students. If I could, I would go back for another 4 years. The way kids behave is a direct result of parenting, not teaching by faculty! So, with that said, get involved in your child's life and he or she will undoubtedly have a positive and knowledgeable experience at RPHS. I'll stick up for Rocky Point anyday...not only me, but many others I graduated with 3 years ago loved it there. Always will.

Posted December 11, 2009
Great sports programs & teachers

Posted December 08, 2009
As a senior student of the rocky point high school, I can say that from my own experience, RPHS is one of the last places you would want to have your children educated in New York. From my experience I am quite satisfied with the teachers - for the most part. Others lack the ability to discipline, and in more than one case, educate their students properly. To say this is entirely the fault of the staff would be an outright lie. Rocky Point's school district has had the misfortune of attracting a plethora of unruly, rude, and to be frank 'bad' attendees. There are plenty of extra curricular's to take advantage of, sports will almost guarantee you an easy road to graduation via support from teachers, staff, and students. Regardless, don't expect to learn much.

Posted September 17, 2009
This school has changed my childs look on the world. All 3 of mine use to be very happy and never got in trouble. Now that they have gotten oss and iss for everything they have been cursing me out and i think 1 of them is now wanting to move away. My honest recomdation is not to send your you child to this school.

Rocky Point High School
82 Rocky Pt-Yaphank Rd, Rocky Point, NY  11778
Last modified Rocky Point High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Point High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top