No rating

St Joseph School

Private | PK-8 | 80 students

Living in Ronkonkoma

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $281,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,730.

Posted May 21, 2014

Wonderful school could not be happier. A great well rounded education with kind and dedicated staff. Children will graduate well prepared for high school and college.

Posted April 6, 2014

My 2 children have been in St. Josephs since Pre-K and are now going into 4th and 6th grade. This school is a family and not only teaches them about God and faith but also about respect and confidence. Everyone knows everybody by name, especially the principal. It is not easy sending them to a Catholic school....we struggle each month with the payments BUT we know it is the best place for them. There are good teachers, bad teachers, boring teachers, exciting teachers, mean teachers and easy teachers in ALL schools (even at St. Josephs) but at St. Joseph's they have 1 common goal....teaching our children to be respectful, have a love and respect for their friends and family and a faith in God. We attend another Parish so I am not writing this because we are parishioners and I also have had some experiences with certain teachers so I am not saying everything is perfect there. Bottom line is if Faith, God, values, resect and a good education are important to you....St. Josephs school is my number 1 recommendation for this community. I just pray we can make it through financially to 8th grade so our children can have the full experience. Thank you St. Josephs Staff!!

Posted January 27, 2014

My kids attend this school. The principal's leadership is questionable. It is her way or the highway. She never returns parents phone calls or has time for discussions .There are about 3 good teachers in the school. Notice that the last 2 comments pertain to the pre-K program. Public schools do not offer full-time pre-K and the positive comments are because the "school" tries hard to create a very good impression so that the students can come the following year. BEWARE! Don't be deceived.

Posted November 13, 2013

My 6 year old attended this school for the nursery & per-k program and never had a problem. It was so good my 4 year old attends the pre-k program there now. Her teacher Mrs. Mundy & Aid Ms. B are excellent and so helpful. My daughter loves them. She is learning what she should be learning. She loves it and so do I!! My son when old enough will be attending the nursery program & pre-k program. And will recommend the above teachers. I can't believe some of these reviews. If you are that unhappy PULL your child out. You are the only one keeping them there..

Posted November 13, 2013

The teachers in this school especially in Pre-K A are wonderful. They are caring, fun and give my child the best education possible. My child comes home with projects that reflects what they had learned every week along with daily classwork. If parents are not happy why post? Just pull your child out and go someplace else.

Posted November 7, 2013

This is by dar the WORST school I have ever seen. The staff is extremely unprofessional, they don't know how to handle kids. They are extremely unorganized and nasty to children. I walked in to find 3 adults yelling at my child in the hallway and he is only 4 and was in tears. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 21, 2013

As a parent of a child actually attending this school, I beg to differ with the three previous reviews. I can't say enough wonderful things about St. Joseph's. The staff are very kind and helpful not just to my child but to me also. The teachers are excellent and my daughter is getting such a great education. There is such a family spirit in this school. We absolutely feel we made the right decision in switching from public school to St. Joseph's. We love this school.

Posted September 27, 2013

I would rethink spending the money, plenty of other catholic schools to chose from. The office staff is rude, the school is unorganized, and some of the teachers are actually rude. The preschool teachers constantly are yelling at the little ones. I would NEVER send my kid here.

Posted September 25, 2013

I am posting again to agree with the poster from 9/20/13 - it's September and the staff has been so rude and clueless-this does not bode well for the school year & is a giant disappointment. Other parents I have spoken to have had bad experiences this year as well.

Posted September 25, 2013

I go there to this day and I learn a lot and I feel safe but the middle school teachers are absolutely demeaning and belittle you. I am afraid to go into class and get anything wrong overall it has a great education but the teachers aren't so great.

Posted September 20, 2013

This school has left me with such a poor taste in my mouth. I am less than satisfied with their answers for any question I've ever had. Many of the staff members are rude and the principal does not act in a professional manner. It is only the third week of school and I honestly don't know how much longer I want to keep my child enrolled here. Read the reviews. There have only been two satisfactory reviews posted in the last 4 - 5 years. That definitely says more about this place than I can. I guess staff aren't held to the same "Godly" values our children are expected to demonstrate.

Posted December 8, 2012

We are having a great experience here. Students are taught respect for others, Godly values, and the lower grades work together on many special events and even participate in computer and Spanish classes. Many opportunities to get to know the other families through extra curricular events. Unlike my friends with children in public schools, I don't hear stories of bullying or bad bus experiences. And to address some of the other reviews: just like any other worthwhile endeavor--you get out of it what you put in.

Posted February 9, 2012

If you LOVE YOUR CHILD, Don't send your children here!! My son attended this school in the 4 year old program. The teacher was horrible she made my child an outcast in his own classroom and informed me that she instructed the class that if they spoke to my child they would all be in trouble.. This was my child's first experience in a school setting. The teacher scared my child so much he had an accident and she had him nap and stay in urinated clothes for the whole day. The teacher was totally unapproachable and called me a liar to my face. I have never had such an experience. When you try to discuss any concerns with the principal it takes you 1week. Then the Principal states that you have to deal with the teacher. This is the same person your having a problem with! The principal states that she doesn't get involved you have to deal with the teacher and work it out! This was the most unprofessional place! I pulled my son out and put him in another preschool.where he is flourishing. To this day my son refer's to St. Joseph's as the YUCKY SCHOOL and begs never to go back!

Posted October 17, 2011

My son was in pre-k, I too did not like the school, save your money. Every time you turn around they are sending home some fundraiser.My sons was a nightmare.

Posted October 8, 2011

Horrible experience, expect 3 year olds to act and behave like 5 year olds, the teachers are ok, but the administration staff is rude and obnoxious. Save your money, keep your kids in public school.

Posted October 8, 2011

Bad experience as well. St. Mary's was a better option for my child. St Joseph School staff needs to read their mission statment, it is all good on paper, that is it!

Posted September 1, 2011

my son was in the pre k program last year and it was awful! parents r not permitted to be involved.. or in the class at all even for your own childs birthday! the principal is totally unapprochable and well, down right mean.. the teacher my son had was just awful...she should NOT be teaching all in all it was a waist of time and money... =(

Posted March 16, 2011

My son started in Nursery last year and is now in Pre-K. I have had a wonderful experience with his education and he will be attending Kindergarten next year as well. Each week, I receive information on what is going to be taught in class along with the letter of the week that he is learning to write. I disagree with the prior comment on 2/17/11 as my son's past teacher along with his current teacher have been wonderful, loving, nurturing and brings out the best in my son. I feel he is receiving a strong foundation at the age of 4 and is advanced for his age. St Joseph School is excellent.

Posted February 17, 2011

i am totally unhappy with my experience at this school.. the preschool has little or no curriculum they do not meet the needs of the individual and i do not feel like my child is in a "loving and learning" environment.. waste of money

Posted August 27, 2009

St. Joseph School is an excellant place for my children to be getting their education. The school provides more than academic growth but encourages children to be the best they can be, for themselves but even more importantly, for others. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for the best school on Long Island. I myself attended this school and am grateful my parents sent me there. It helped make me who I am today. Katherine Y.

Asian 9% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 9% N/A
Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Leona Arpino
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • CEC
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Rockville Centre

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

25 Church Street