Bad
Good

Really pleased at the education my child has received at this school - her teachers have been very attentive and caring and the reading and math support has been outstanding. I'm very impressed with the myriad clubs and extra curricular opportunities available as well as the new Maker Space initiative. Lastly I am so grateful that Osborn puts a strong emphasis on kindness, character and inter-personal relationships between students and the staff. There is an atmosphere of helpfulness and positivity that can be observed between the students. My child is learning so much in the classroom but more importantly learning to be a great citizen.

Absolutely agree with the previous review. The administration cannot care less for the children' well being and disrupts classroom focus at will. Definitely not worth your time and money investing into this school district . Way below our expectations.

The administration of this school has demonstrated a blatant disregard for the well-being and education of its children. Osborn School used to be a terrific school before the new principal, Angela Garcia, arrived. Now, I just cannot get my child out of that school fast enough. Garcia has taken grave actions against innocent children. Concerned parents hope to have her removed before she can cause more harm. Spare your child (and yourself) the chaos. Choose a different school -- and for that matter, a different school district. Rye schools are mediocre, at best. A friend who recently left Rye schools, needed to hire TUTORS for all three of her children to bring them up to grade level in their new schools in CT.

AMAZING SCHOOL...I want to share with anyone thinking about coming to the Rye School district that has a special needs child. My child Matthew started in the Rye school district as fully Autistic child. This school district (Shirley Klein/Mary Gould) went above and beyond for our child. We have moved due to my husbands job but happy to say that with all the support from age two to the 3rd grade starting with Early Intervention, our child is now functioning at a Catholic school going into the 4th grade and thanks to all the teachers at Osborn Elementary and the Directors of Special Needs, my child is in main stream class with an A-B grade level. Our child Matthew is now fully mainstreamed with no additional help and is a thriving 10 year old boy! Kisses and Hugs...you know who you are, that changes my childs life!!! KF

Circus art, Visiting Authors, fabulous teachers, a documentart award winning principa (ballroom dancing in Public School in Bronx); Ballrrom dancing, excellent academics, a National School of Excellence, acive parents, 100% PTO membership!; Green programs; Nutrional Programs; 'Fitness' Fridays

I have one child still at Osborn- two have graduated and are at RHS. My experiences at Osborn have been very positive- dedicated Principal, qualified and nurturing teachers and staff, and an overall very positive learning environment for our children. Visit our Osborn School carnival 10/25!

Moving to the Rye school district from out of state has been eye opening. Dedicated staff and teachers with superior teaching and true caring by all involved. The more you put in to this school, the more you get out of it. Very happy overall with Osborn.

I find the school very overrated and lacking creativity. My child was there for a year and we have decided to try a different school.

Everyone who works at this school goes above and beyond what any parent would ever expect from a school. The Principal, teacchers and the staff have always made my children and us as parents feel welcome and comfortable. The needs of our children have always been placed in the highest priority...I thank each and everyone for all they do...I also thank all of the parents who volunteer all of their time to our children and school. Thank you all and God Bless You ...

As a Osborn alumni I have to say that this school is very good for children. Osborn has amazing teachers and a great educational system.

Last modified Osborn School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.