Sackets Harbor, NY

Sackets Harbor Central School 3

Posted November 03, 2013
Underfunded, average guidance,very good parent involvement, good marching band , very clicky and difficult to assimilate as a new comer

Sackets Harbor Central School 5

Posted March 19, 2011
My daughter is in kindergarten at Sackets and she loves it. Both kindergarten teachers are wonderful. We are a military family and I have never noticed any negative attention or treatment because of that. My husband and I have been very impressed with the all the school's programs. When I walk through the halls with her she has multiple teachers and aids calling her by name and saying "hello". I have found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, particularly all the therapists, and the school nurse. Her teacher posts pictures on the class website regularly and her grandparents who live in other states get to check the website and see all the fun and exciting things she is doing in school. I just can't say enough positive about this school and the community. We have loved being here!

Sackets Harbor Central School 5

Posted November 29, 2010
I went to this school K through 12. It was a great school to attend. Our language program starts in 5th grade and you can take it until you're a senior. We Also had Latin (we might still have it). We have the basic sports because we don't have enough students or money to have more than one or two choices a season. The school is mostly white, but as fort drum expands we get more and more diversity. The school handles itself well in times of trouble, and we united when we had the budget problems. There is no other school i would have wanted to go too. We have amazing grades, and great sports teams. The teachers are well trained and they love their jobs. No teacher is there for the paycheck.

Sackets Harbor Central School 1

Posted February 20, 2010
Sackets Harbor Central School isn't the greatest school to go to. Like one of the other posts say the school is lacking in cultural diversity, and is centered around the local people (i.e. the kids with the right last names) while new kids (i.e. the military kids mostly) are treated unfairly. With the amount of military families moving to the area and kids to the school he treatment is very unkind for a school that has adopted 'Rachel's Challenge' which is a great program, but has been manipulated to the point where some incidents are aloud to slide but others will be blown to unnecessary proportions. The faculty and staff are very kind and the courses are very intresting... but the heads of the school aren't to my sactisfactory as a student of the school.

Sackets Harbor Central School 2

Posted July 06, 2009
I attended Sackets Harbor for a couple years. The class sizes are very low. For a military family, the community and school wasnt very inviting. The school has a bit of a culture problem. There is absolutely no diversity and the school doesnt have much to offer. On the up side, the student teacher relationships were very good. Everyone knew each other. Which is very helpful.

Sackets Harbor Central School 0

Posted December 22, 2008
I attened This school for ten years and have now ventured out to be a teacher at a very large metro school out of state. This school has a lot to offer as a small school. I loved attending there. Moving forward and changing with the times would help. But this is one of few schools where everyone will know who you are from the first day you walk in the door! There is something to be said about that!

Posted March 28, 2007
This is a sweet school, but growing! Class sizes were once very low, but now the lower grades are in the 20s. I have not seen any teacher's aides in the classroom to help with students needing extra assistance unless the child has a severe problem, i.e. autism. It would also be great to have language programs in the lower grades. Overall this is a nice place to send my children, but would love to see more progressive programs available.

Posted February 08, 2007
Small class sizes and a caring faculty. Few programs for gifted students. At the very highest level, administratively, it strives to provide only those services required by law for its special needs students; consistently falling short of its own low standards. Extremely poor communication between BOE, administration, and community. Tight-knit community, great staff, K-12 environment still makes this a great little school that I am proud to send my children to. Fresh administration will solve many short-comings. Great school band and sports program but there is no football or swimming program available.

Sackets Harbor Central School 2

Posted October 24, 2006

Posted September 26, 2004
- a former student
I attended Sackets Harbor from the time I was in Kindergarden until the time I graduated. There is nothing bad to say about the school. It's awesome, academically and their sports and arts programs are incredible. I would reccomend this school to anyone and everyone.

Sackets Harbor Central School
215 South Broad Street, Sackets Harbor, NY  13685
Last modified Sackets Harbor Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sackets Harbor Central School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top