Bad
Good

I had 3 children graduate fro Pierson. Most recently in June of this year. While the teachers for the most part due a good job, you need to be a relative or a relative of a relative to be considered for a job. This seriously limits the pool of potential teachers. As for the Principal, he's merely a $200,000 a year puppet on a string doing the bidding of the board which is run like dictatorship. I gave the parent involvement 1 star because the parents actually have to much input. This is a public school that they try to like a private academy without the quality of education. My children did well in spite of the school not because of the school.

I was a student at this school and graduated in the early 2000s. The school offers many sports programs (due to small student body some programs are jointly shared with other schools), intellectual clubs and arts/drama clubs. The teachers for the most part were dedicated and helpful, many going out of their way. Like any school a few had their clear favorites. On the downside, the students run the school and do whatever they want. I also felt that relative to my college peers I was not prepared. I think the school should be more rigorous academically and focus on controlling problem students.

piersan high sc hool is so into makeing every student as best they can be they dont give up it is a wonderful community orienated place for our kids and sets them up on their journey into adulthood and are always behind the kids one to one equal level. keep up the good work. thank you pierson proud parent.

I used to go to Pierson before I moved away and I think it was a great school. The teachers cared about the students and were very involved, the school is small which I think is a good thing; more teacher help; and things aren't so superficial. I hope to send my kids there one day and I wish I could go back. The parents are very involved with the school and they have a lot of extracuriicular activities and are very into music and the arts.

I have had 3 children go through the public school system in Sag Harbor, and, while the High School is relatively small (about 400 students when my last child graduated), it provided a good level of AP courses, extra-curricular activities, faculty involvement and a high level of academics. All three of my children have gone on to very good academically competitive colleges and have had the necessary sets of skills to succeed. I rate the Sag Harbor public school system very highly.

Uninspiring academic programs; poor parent involvement; many extracurricular activities from sailing to drama; terrible special education services; unsympathetic principal

Last modified Pierson Middle High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.