Bad
Good

I attended SHSE as a student a few years ago. I had a wonderful experience there and really felt as though my teachers helped me grow both inside and outside of the classroom. The after school activities such as honor societites and business programs helped me excel at college as I gained skills that are needed to be successful. It was also through my teachers that I really discovered my love for business and decided to pursue the major in college, eventually landing myself multiple internships to help me expedite my process into the corporate world. Attending East was a great decision as I feel that it creates well-rounded individuals and even leaders of tomorrow.

SUPPORTIVE AND DEDICATED TEACHERS, GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR BEING MENTORED, INTERNSHIPS IN REAL WORLD WORK PLACES, AND LOTS OF AP CLASSES WITH TEACHERS WHO LOVE TEACHING; ALSO VERY GOOD SPORTS PROGRAMS WITH COACHES WHO ENCOURAGE AND MENTOR KIDS AS TO OUTSIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR FURTHER DEVELOPING THEIR ABILITIES. WELL ROUNDED PROGRAM.

My daughter is in the 9th grade and I feel she is getting an excellent education at Smithtown East. She loves school and enjoys all of her AP classes! She speaks highly of all her teachers!! Thank-you for a job well done!

Teachers are great, clubs and athletics very good, music program excellent.

I attended SHSE as a student. My children were raised out-of-state but I moved back to St. James so they could attend Smithtown East. The staff is dedicated to each and every student, the safety is unparralled by any school and the Guidance Counselors walk students and parents through the college application procedure. They offer a course 'Writing for College' in which students take a semester to write their college admissions essays. Wonderful School. Community activity is high, as is team spirit and parent involvement.

The staff is very dedicated to the wellbeing of the students, not only academically but also socially.

Smithtown High School is one of the premier schools in the region. Mr. Kelly helps to secure Smithtown its prestigious status. His colorful suits and wealth of general knowledge provide an excellent environment for all. Overall Smithtown is a good school and home of the infamous Political Awareness Club.

Last modified Smithtown High School East is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.