Saratoga Springs, NY

Posted June 17, 2014
Middle school is a challenging time for kids and I think Maple Ave does the best it can. There are many after school activities for kids if they want to take advantage of them.

Posted June 13, 2014
This is among the worst schools in New York State. Bullying and tormenting run rampant and nothing is done about it by the teachers and especially the administration. My son had the misfortune of having to go through this school and the situation was so awful that I had to pull him out of the district. The principal, Stuart F. Byrne, doesn't have the leadership and organizational skills to run a Dairy Queen let alone a school of 1,500 children. This school needs reform and needs it fast.

Posted July 17, 2013
I am in 7C (columbian, 7th grade) I Love this school as much as a kid likes school. Columbian spring doesnt get to go on a lot of feild trips but we do get to do a lot of fun projects rather then sitting in a class room all day. The food is better then most and the staff is exceptionally nice. If the a student needs more help in a class teachers stay after on Wensdays and Thursdays and buses are availble for after school transportation if someone is unavailble to pick up a student.

Posted May 23, 2013
The school is by no means perfect, and as an institution does a very poor job in regards to parent communication. However, my son is challenged (in both enriched and regular classes) and has terrific teachers who are very responsive to my inquiries. I check edline and the online grading site on a regular basis and stay in contact with teachers via email. I have yet to NOT get a response from a teacher. I have been invited to participate in classes by teachers and have issues and concerns resolved quickly and effectively. Overall, it has been a good experience.

Posted October 21, 2012
If your child is in need of special education I say - stay out of this school and start finding your own resources. My child has been plagued by lack of resources and by teachers not qualified to work with special needs children all the way up to the superintendant level. While we have encountered some rare quality teacher - mostly 6th and 7th grade suppport, the majority of the teacher are rude and unhelpful. In no other industry are employees allowed to treat cllents the way that unionized teachers are allowed to hold on to theri jobs despite poor performance. My child is now in the 8th grade with consistant low 2 on regent exams. We have had to supplement his education continually at our financial cost. I wish I could do it again. I should have sent him to a private school. Did'nt think we could afford it but it has cost us beyond private school with little return. Now, how do we fix it?

Maple Avenue Middle School 3

Posted June 15, 2012
If the school principal of Maple Ave can not properly recite the pledge of allegiance over the intercom to the kids he is leading, I have to ask, why is he still the leader? Hello......... Very large school, as a whole, the teachers do a pretty good job. If you excel academically you will do well at Maple, because there are lots of programs for you. If you need help, that's another story. If your child is in Excellsior Spring, forget about them going on any trips. Due to an incident 3 years ago on a field trip, the teachers are still punishing the students by limiting their trips. The other springs attend many more trips. I addressed this with Excellsior team/teachers. They refused to address it and gave me a lame excuse to shut me up.

Posted March 17, 2011
My son is in the 6th grade there and we have been in the school district since he started school. I honstly am not happy with the school at all, most of the staff that I have encountered there are rude and not helpful. I have looked at moving just so my other son does not have to go there.

Maple Avenue Middle School 2

Posted September 11, 2010
It took me 3 years to realize that it was not my children but the teachers and an incompetent principal that is the schools problem. When you hear many parents tell you Maple ave is bad but the high school is better they are not kidding. Also anything will better after your experience in Maple Ave. You have a few hard working and caring teachers but there are more teachers that ride on tenure tails and don't even do the bare minimum. It is very disappointing. The ratings in this school district are high because you have a large volume of educated and make up for what is lacking in school at home.

Maple Avenue Middle School 5

Posted April 27, 2010

Maple Avenue Middle School 5

Posted April 27, 2010

Maple Avenue Middle School
515 Maple Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY  12866
Last modified Maple Avenue Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Avenue Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top